NBA 2023-24

Any guess on when Adam Silver and the NBA announce Ja's punishment?  And what that punishment will be?  There are reports that the decision has been made, but Adam and the NBA Player Union right didn't want to release it right away so as not to take the focus off of the Finals.  I personally think he will be suspended until the All-Star Break (60ish games).   I think the NBA wants to send a clear message to both current and future players that guns are not part of the NBA culture and will drop the hammer on Ja.   I also wouldn't be surprised if it will be for the entire season and having conditions attached that need to be met before being re-instated.

On 6/13/2023 at 10:18 AM, sho said:

Mini-dynasty ready to go.  If that core stays healthy (mostly Jokic and Jamal) they are primed to be threats for at least the next 2 years.

Gonna have to replace cowboy Bruce Brown, which will be a task. Need Braun and Watson to step in and likely find another big and backup point in FA. 

Softer penalty than I was expecting.  Especially considering they didn't want to disrupt the Finals with his punishment announcement, made it seem to be more extreme than it turned out to be.

The NBA has suspended Memphis Grizzlies star Ja Morant 25 games to start the 2023-2024 season, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski on Friday.

The suspension will come with conditions for his return, sources told ESPN.

The NBA's investigation into the incident has been completed for weeks, but commissioner Adam Silver waited until the conclusion of the NBA Finals to announce the suspension because he did not want to distract from the league's championship series.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/37863825/sources-grizzlies-ja-morant-suspended-25-games-nba

2 hours ago, sho said:

Softer penalty than I was expecting.  Especially considering they didn't want to disrupt the Finals with his punishment announcement, made it seem to be more extreme than it turned out to be.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/37863825/sources-grizzlies-ja-morant-suspended-25-games-nba

Turns out guns and the thug life are a part of the NBA culture. Who knew? :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Can't believe we live in a society where either is tolerated.

Haha!

When I won "teacher of the month" years ago...I got a shirt and a pin...

The next day I went into my principals office and held up the shirt and said "Check it out, I won teacher of the month!"

And he looked at me and goes "Dude, it is May, every other teacher already won it"

• Haha 2

Depth was already an issue with the Suns.   This isn't going to help.   And based on the new CBA, this puts them in a bad spot with KD, Book and now Beal under contract for the next 3 years and they control no draft picks for the next 5-6 years.  And I can't imagine Ayton coming back either.  Going to be interesting to watch them build a quality roster that can actually do any damage in the West.  Starting 5, when healthy, will be great.  Not sure this team can stay healthy and when they bring in subs...YIKES.

• Plus1 1
19 hours ago, sho said:

Depth was already an issue with the Suns.   This isn't going to help.   And based on the new CBA, this puts them in a bad spot with KD, Book and now Beal under contract for the next 3 years and they control no draft picks for the next 5-6 years.  And I can't imagine Ayton coming back either.  Going to be interesting to watch them build a quality roster that can actually do any damage in the West.  Starting 5, when healthy, will be great.  Not sure this team can stay healthy and when they bring in subs...YIKES.

Suns fans are convinced that quality vets are lining up in droves to sign minimum contracts to chase a ring. I have a feeling they’re going to be disappointed. 

• Haha 1

They (Suns) gonna share the shots lol...  :lol: 

3 guys who want to score 25-40 a night. 

3 scorers who want to be all-stars.

3 scorers with the same game.  

3 scorers who know you get paid when you score a lot. 

And now they get to share the ball with each other and everyone else on their team. :lol:

This sounds like a Mark Cuban NBA dumpster fire messup.  Thought Cuban was the only one who did stupid things with deals, trades, FA signings and letting people leave the team.  

And it's also crazy for anyone taking Chris Paul and his contract $$$$$.  He's nearly 40 and not worth 5 mil a year on the court.

16 hours ago, admo said:

They (Suns) gonna share the shots lol...  :lol: 

3 guys who want to score 25-40 a night. 

3 scorers who want to be all-stars.

3 scorers with the same game.  

3 scorers who know you get paid when you score a lot. 

And now they get to share the ball with each other and everyone else on their team. :lol:

This sounds like a Mark Cuban NBA dumpster fire messup.  Thought Cuban was the only one who did stupid things with deals, trades, FA signings and letting people leave the team.  

And it's also crazy for anyone taking Chris Paul and his contract $$$$$.  He's nearly 40 and not worth 5 mil a year on the court.

In fairness, Wizards wanted flexibility.  CP3 is an expiring that they're buying out most likely, while Beal has like 4-5 years left.

• suh_fan93 changed the title to NBA 2023-24