NBA 2023-24

Warriors fans get tired defending Green, cause we'd absolutely hate him if he was on the other team.

Gobert is a cheap shot artist himself, and not exactly beloved around the league, but he wasn't the aggressor here. 

One year ago, Draymond had just punched his own teammate, which we thought sealed his fate as the Warrior who wasn't going to get a contract extension. 

19 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Warriors fans get tired defending Green, cause we'd absolutely hate him if he was on the other team.

Gobert is a cheap shot artist himself, and not exactly beloved around the league, but he wasn't the aggressor here. 

One year ago, Draymond had just punched his own teammate, which we thought sealed his fate as the Warrior who wasn't going to get a contract extension. 

Yeah. Just seems to lack self awareness.  Behavior is enabled with the whole ‘he plays with an edge, and we like that’ crap. 

Best ability is availability, and he’s not been someone the Warriors can count on being on the floor so far this season. 

Draymond is a douche, and I would imagine that Warriors fans are close to having enough of his nonsense.

Here's my hot take for the day. I love Jokic, really enjoy watching him play, think that he's amazing. But I'm tired of his constant whining. I know a lot of the players do it, but last night it bit him in the a$$. Now, I agree, he was fouled, but the whining isn't necessary, especially to the point of being ejected. Thankfully, the Nuggets were able to beat a trash Detroit team, but at the end of the season, those single games can add up and make a difference. Had they taken a loss because he got tossed, it would have been very disappointing.

I also feel for the Detroit fans who I'm sure were excited to watch him play, but the refs made it all about them instead. Really too bad. 

1 hour ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

Draymond is a douche, and I would imagine that Warriors fans are close to having enough of his nonsense.

Here's my hot take for the day. I love Jokic, really enjoy watching him play, think that he's amazing. But I'm tired of his constant whining. I know a lot of the players do it, but last night it bit him in the a$$. Now, I agree, he was fouled, but the whining isn't necessary, especially to the point of being ejected. Thankfully, the Nuggets were able to beat a trash Detroit team, but at the end of the season, those single games can add up and make a difference. Had they taken a loss because he got tossed, it would have been very disappointing.

I also feel for the Detroit fans who I'm sure were excited to watch him play, but the refs made it all about them instead. Really too bad. 

Jokic whines...most, if not all superstars, excessively whine for calls. He was just unlucky to have a ref that wasn't having it that night. Any other crew, or even that crew on a different night, Jokic would not have been tossed for that. Jokic isn't too bad with his whining and still gets back as best he can on defense and doesn't appear to let the frustration impact his game. Luka should watch and learn from Jokic on how to do this.

• TBH 1

28 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I have never ever considered Jokic a whiner, and in the scheme of the NBA, probably the opposite.

Genuinely surprised by this take. 

He's not demonstrative when he whines/complains during the games. He's no LeBron or Luka etc, but if you watch him, he chirps to the refs. Much like his game play, he doesn't draw attention to himself when he does it, so it's not very noticeable if you don't watch for it. Very much like a Timmy D, he whined to refs too, but was always lowkey about it.

Maybe 'whining' isn't the best phrase for Jokic, perhaps working the refs would be a better phrase.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Jokic fan. A lot of the players whine much more than he does, but it's the one part of his game that bothers me a bit. I realize that it's probably nit picking, but he does "work the refs" a bit much for my liking. Granted, the dude is getting hacked constantly, just look at how red his arms are during games. It's just my opinion about something I'd prefer he not do. 

48 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

If Jokic got the whistle that Embiid gets he would average 35 a game. He just got fed up with the lack of calls when he is being grabbed and held all game long by small guards and getting no calls. He shouldn't have let his anger get to him and get ejected, but at some point everyone breaks.

This happens to all unstoppable Bigs. Shaq, Russell, Tim, etc.... when Big's dominate, officials look the other way. Been that way for years

On 11/29/2023 at 4:12 PM, Guy Chamberlin said:

I don't know about Russell or the other bigs, but Wilt Chamberlin never fouled out in his career. Averaged less than 2 fouls a game. Speculation is that refs were afraid of making the call. 

Phil Jackson said something once about how Wilt would play passive after getting a couple fouls. Can’t find the quote. 

I would think with his physical size and strength advantage in an era with only a few bigs (Reed, Russell, Jabbar), maybe he wasn’t challenged as much on defense?  Not sure though. Before my time

• 2 weeks later...