2022 Fall Camp Notes - Receivers and Tight Ends

1 hour ago, admo said:

I have no comment about Omar.  But I like the top 6.  The top 3 seem pretty solid.  4-8 might be fluid as season goes on.  That's my take.

Lack of quality depth will hurt us. Imagine that. You need to be able to not only recruit quality guys like we haven’t done but also get them to stay. Like we also haven’t done. 

edit: added the lack of part

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

11 minutes ago, Decked said:

Quality depth will hurt us. Imagine that. You need to be able to not only recruit quality guys like we haven’t done but also get them to stay. Like we also haven’t done. 

How will quality depth hurt us?  Seriously man why stress what you don't know.  The room is full and we have a great coach working with them.    

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

How will quality depth hurt us?  Seriously man why stress what you don't know.  The room is full and we have a great coach working with them.    

Lack of quality depth rather. We have a good staff. We need better players quantity wise. The room is not full. 

• Plus1 1
25 minutes ago, Decked said:

Quality depth will hurt us. Imagine that. You need to be able to not only recruit quality guys like we haven’t done but also get them to stay. Like we also haven’t done. 

So, we haven't recruited quality players, and we haven't kept quality players here.

So, if we haven't recruited quality players, then how do we have quality players that leave?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, we haven't recruited quality players, and we haven't kept quality players here.

So, if we haven't recruited quality players, then how do we have quality players that leave?

Mickey is getting asked to have a tough job here because the cupboard when he got here was pretty bare. The instability at the WR room to keep talent and bodies can hopefully be rectified soon. Hopefully we can get by this year and continue to add more solid additions in the portal/high school if the staff survives this year. When 4/8 of your top 8 are walk-ons & one of your top guys physically cannot even practice you may be in a bad spot. Especially if someone gets injured. 

3 hours ago, Decked said:

Lack of quality depth rather. We have a good staff. We need better players quantity wise. The room is not full. 

Doesn't look too bad to me.  Some proven talent and some high level recruits to work with.  I guess time will tell but my guess is we have a pretty good year through the air this year.    

New additions-

Trey Palmer - played in 28 games in the SEC

Isaiah Garcia-Castenada - 12 games under his belt at a lower level school and looks the part - maybe Toure esque?

Victor Jones - top 75 receiver in the nation

Decoldest - injured but top 80 receiver in the nation.  Not sure when we get him back.

Bonner - top 50 receiver nationally

Marcus Washington - 4 star transfer

Returning -

Rahmir Johnson - Proven talent who is moving positions.   

Alante Brown - former 4 star recruit with 2 seasons of experience at Nebraska

Omar Manning - top Juco receiver in the nation with 2 seasons at Nebraska - possible drama but until we know we don't know imo

Brody Belt - Home town kid who works his butt off 

Wyatt Liewer - Arguably the best receiver in Nebraska in 2016 and 2017.  Has 4 years of experience with Nebraska

Oliver Martin - Experience at Michigan, Iowa, and Nebraska.  Former Iowa gatorade player of the year.  He still holds Iowa state records

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
53 minutes ago, Decked said:

Mickey is getting asked to have a tough job here because the cupboard when he got here was pretty bare. The instability at the WR room to keep talent and bodies can hopefully be rectified soon. Hopefully we can get by this year and continue to add more solid additions in the portal/high school if the staff survives this year. When 4/8 of your top 8 are walk-ons & one of your top guys physically cannot even practice you may be in a bad spot. Especially if someone gets injured. 

I think you're being over dramatic on where the room is sitting right now.  We have had some issues with players staying.  We now have Mickey who, we hope rectifies that.  Not in the top 8 are Washington, who hopefully will work into the rotation as the season goes.  You also keep saying there are 4 walkons.  One of those walkons was a 4 star recruit.  Not quite the same thing, but you're throwing him in to try to strengthen your point.  I believe he was playing fairly well last year then got injured.  We also have Decoldest who was a huge get this year....but unfortunately is injured.  So, evidence that we are actually getting good talent in the room.  But, you claim we don't recruit good talent.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2
5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I think you're being over dramatic on where the room is sitting right now.  We have had some issues with players staying.  We now have Mickey who, we hope rectifies that.  Not in the top 8 are Washington, who hopefully will work into the rotation as the season goes.  You also keep saying there are 4 walkons.  One of those walkons was a 4 star recruit.  Not quite the same thing, but you're throwing him in to try to strengthen your point.  I believe he was playing fairly well last year then got injured.  We also have Decoldest who was a huge get this year....but unfortunately is injured.  So, evidence that we are actually getting good talent in the room.  But, you claim we don't recruit good talent.

He's the starting Y, but I agree with your overall point. One of the walk-ons isn't a normal walk-on, and two more of them are your 7-8 who are in that position because they know what they're doing. Hahn had some kind of walk-on for X years and we'll put you on scholarship for the rest too I thought.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

He's the starting Y, but I agree with your overall point. One of the walk-ons isn't a normal walk-on, and two more of them are your 7-8 who are in that position because they know what they're doing. Hahn had some kind of walk-on for X years and we'll put you on scholarship for the rest too I thought.

Thanks for the correct.  I missed that.

For someone to sit here and claim the talent we have in the room is horrible based on this, is just being melodramatic.  

• Plus1 2
Just now, Huskerfollower4life said:

So Omar Manning isn't going to play or he isn't starting????  Is this all pure speculation or did I miss something.

He just wasn't listed by Mickey when he was naming off the guys playing different positions.  Just speculation about how much he'll actually play.

• Plus1 1