2022 Fall Camp Notes - Receivers and Tight Ends

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

He just wasn't listed by Mickey when he was naming off the guys playing different positions.  Just speculation about how much he'll actually play.

@Farms posted in another thread that the rumor is an injury, which would make some sense. There was the one sarcastic "well he practiced two days in a row finally" comment from Mickey, but otherwise he'd been super complimentary so dropping out of the listed rotation entirely would've been surprising. Hopefully not serious whether it's an injury or the doghouse, or just an oversight.

• Plus1 1
37 minutes ago, admo said:

We will be fine.  Don't worry. 

Might see a bit fewer rotation this weekend (or not?), but we will be set after 3 games.  A lot of receivers (and tight ends, and RB/Wings (Rahmir/Belt) will get opportunities.  

I understand that MJ wants a rotation of wrs to play and Im not questioning him as a coach bc he knows how to coach just hope certain guys can find a rhythm and not get pulled to early to try to put new guys in. Like if we need to score I hope that MJ keeps Trey Palmer in the game instead of pulling him and putting someone less talented then him.

• Thanks 1
Just now, Huskerfollower4life said:

I understand that MJ wants a rotation of wrs to play and Im not questioning him as a coach bc he knows how to coach just hope certain guys can find a rhythm and not get pulled to early to try to put new guys in. Like if we need to score I hope that MJ keeps Trey Palmer in the game instead of pulling him and putting someone less talented then him.

Just like Brian Applewhite and the running back room as well.

1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Oh, for sure, he will.  I think having a dedicated WR coach will know exactly and have a better feel for his group in a game, than Walters & Lubick previously.  No offense to those guys and their additional roles. 

We have to put hope aside.  It is the most common thing a Husker fan says all the time (not directed at you).  

Mickey Joseph isn't pulling a dude having a game for others to get a route.  In fact, Mickey & Whipp & Applewhite & Raiola are here to win.  Pretty sure they are real good at what they do.

This isn't a team with Verduzco, Austin, Walters/Lubick and Held.  No disrespect to those guys, but they did have their opportunity and the results were not good.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Decked said:

Sounds like Omar may have a concussion 

I've heard one report that he has a concussion, another report that he has a torn meniscus, and another report that he's leaving the team.

IDK, at this point I've largely given up hope that he'll ever live up to what he could have been.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
32 minutes ago, Decked said:

Palmer was what I expected. Fast but no hands. IGC better than I thought. Wasn’t really impressed by anyone. The lack of depth showed in the end. A beautiful kiss of death by Wyatt Liewer to end the Scott Frost era makes me chuckle. 

Palmer's lackadaisical route running wasn't great either. Running short of the sticks, half assed cut on that deep post that was broken up, etc. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Decked said:

Palmer was what I expected. Fast but no hands. IGC better than I thought. Wasn’t really impressed by anyone. The lack of depth showed in the end. A beautiful kiss of death by Wyatt Liewer to end the Scott Frost era makes me chuckle. 

CT is partially to blame for the drops. Many of his passes were incredibly wobbly and thrown hard. He wasn’t making it easy on receivers in the second half.

• Plus1 1

Few things

There was no PI on a deep ball from Thompson to the endzone, and the WR (Trey?) had his right arm pulled down by the DB.  Obvious PI, but No call.  Otherwise, it's 6 right there.

Another deep ball from Casey to Trey that should have connected but didn't - Because Trey was not running full speed, and the NW Safety grabbed his jersey.  Incomplete, possible flag, but mostly on Trey Palmer (and I do believe he got some bench time after this).

The drops.  Alligator arms or hands clapping on 5-6 throws by Thompson that were catchable, even though some passes wobbled or above the face mask (reach for it).  Trey Palmer (3 times), Boerkircher, Oliver Martin, Wyatt Liewer....

I mean, you have sticky gloves on and you boast about making plays, so make a damn catch.  Be a dawg and help CT and the offense out.  Brody Belt saw a bit of action and he got it done. Marcus Wash, Vokolek, Alante and Castaneda took care of buisness.  Those other guys choked making plays they've seen all spring, summer and fall.  Couldn't catch it on the big stage. 

Mickey needs to get after the guys and the depth.  Or play guys that will get it done.

• Plus1 3
46 minutes ago, admo said:

Few things

There was no PI on a deep ball from Thompson to the endzone, and the WR (Trey?) had his right arm pulled down by the DB.  Obvious PI, but No call.  Otherwise, it's 6 right there.

Another deep ball from Casey to Trey that should have connected but didn't - Because Trey was not running full speed, and the NW Safety grabbed his jersey.  Incomplete, possible flag, but mostly on Trey Palmer (and I do believe he got some bench time after this).

The drops.  Alligator arms or hands clapping on 5-6 throws by Thompson that were catchable, even though some passes wobbled or above the face mask (reach for it).  Trey Palmer (3 times), Boerkircher, Oliver Martin, Wyatt Liewer....

I mean, you have sticky gloves on and you boast about making plays, so make a damn catch.  Be a dawg and help CT and the offense out.  Brody Belt saw a bit of action and he got it done. Marcus Wash, Vokolek, Alante and Castaneda took care of buisness.  Those other guys choked making plays they've seen all spring, summer and fall.  Couldn't catch it on the big stage. 

Mickey needs to get after the guys and the depth.  Or play guys that will get it done.

Feel like he’s trying/has tried. Don’t have the horses. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Decked said:

Feel like he’s trying/has tried. Don’t have the horses. 

I don't understand why we didn't feature Rahmir in the flat or on screens 3 or 4 times in the game.  And Brody Belt a few times to mix it up.  Both just play football and get it done (although Rahmir has more quickness/speed).  It is a crying shame this didn't happen once or twice a quarter.