Who should our next HC be?

9 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

He thinks Rhule will be on TV next year.

So that means URB will be our new coach -- since he is on TV now.  Wait - maybe Peterson.  

Actually, If I were him, I'd take a year to regroup and then name the place I want to go coach. 

This writer thinks it isn't Rhule's style to sit back for a year.  I hope that is the case.  And I agree wt the writer that the Huskers need to make a big effort in trying to secure him as HC. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nebraska-should-move-fast-to-avoid-missing-chance-to-hire-matt-rhule-opinion/ar-AA12NTeF?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=d18caade1c5f4424aa0ad0e83696a29e

He's a "culture builder" and a "grinder," as Alberts noted among the top qualities he was evaluating in the Cornhuskers' coaching search. 

Rhule has experience as a Power Five head coach. He's clearly drawn to the rebuilding process; while his departure from Temple to Baylor one year after Art Briles was fired came as a slight surprise, given his lack of ties to Texas, the challenge spoke to Rhule on a deep level — and the chance to put his fingerprints on once-proud Nebraska may do the same.

He can bring toughness and a mean streak back to a program painfully lacking in both areas. At Temple and Baylor, Rhule and his staff would talk about "body blows," about making opponents "drop their hands," about "going for the kill."

As a recruiter, Rhule is adept at evaluating prospects who fit the blueprint: Baylor signed only three-star recruits in a 2017 class that has formed the backbone of two New Year's Six bowl teams in three years. Combining that eye with Nebraska's strong resources in name, image and likeness would make for an intriguing mix.

At the most basic level, he would bring authenticity and credibility to a program that has swung and missed — to varying degrees — on coaching hires for two decades. 

The big unknown is whether Nebraska can get him. Rhule is dealing from the advantageous position of not needing to work; he can collect the roughly $40 million due from the Panthers and sit back and relax, though that's not his style. He could also patiently wait out this year's market, assessing the openings that will arise in late November and early December.

Whether the Cornhuskers should make a strong push can't be stated strongly enough. The program has a major head start on the rest of the Power Five and the money to entice nearly any coach, even one set to cash an eight-figure buyout. The timing lines up to make a run at one of the top coaches to hit the open market in years.

Box after box after box: Rhule checks them all. Nebraska can't afford to let the opportunity slip away.

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, Mavric said:

There was a ton of off-the-field stuff to deal with at Baylor.  Not sure what that meant in terms of players leaving but it was a mess.

Lots of players left as they could transfer without losing a year of eligibility (before the transfer portal) and most recruits decomitted. It was a mess on and off the field. What Rhule did there in 3 years was pretty miraculous. Which is why he got the NFL interest.

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Wait. Now we're arguing that Mickey Joseph is the ONLY person who can save the entire football program?

I'm not arguing that at all.

Apparently if you follow along, Scarlet's biggest concern is losing Joseph and therefore also losing Lousiana talent coming to Nebraska.

22 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Great gig for him.  He'll get $40M for not coaching the Panthers and then another $20M after Auburn fires him in a few years.

His earnings from his next coaching job will offset the Carolina buyout so it'll be really interesting to see what Ruhle does.  I'd imagine Carolina would love for him to get a job soon lol.  Does he sit on the beach and make $800k/month unless something dynamite opens up?  If he does take a college job, he's gonna want an obscene contract, like Mel Tucker money or close to it to offset the $40mm I'm imagine.