Who should our next HC be?

49 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I'm not arguing that at all.

Apparently if you follow along, Scarlet's biggest concern is losing Joseph and therefore also losing Lousiana talent coming to Nebraska.

Give it a rest. MJ is one of the best recruiters around, not just Louisiana, but anywhere. I don't think he's head coach material, but if you don't think losing him would be a significant loss, I don't know what to tell ya. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

When have you ever seen an AD openly talk about who they are interviewing?

well never but the department sometimes leaks certain things out not saying Neb has done this but other places have the ad may not come out directly to say anything they could just feed the info to someone knowing they will let it out  

• Haha 1

Rhule got fired today, so there’s that 

O

On 9/11/2022 at 3:32 PM, Cornbred said:

God I hope not. What is the fascination with this guy? Ya ya he beat Iowa but what major bowls has he been in? To me this would be a lateral hire. NU needs a bigger splash hire just for recruiting alone.

great. Nothing better then 17-10 games every week. 

3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Give it a rest. MJ is one of the best recruiters around, not just Louisiana, but anywhere. I don't think he's head coach material, but if you don't think losing him would be a significant loss, I don't know what to tell ya. 

I think Saturday is the biggest game of the season for him. I think if we can "Cover" the Vegas spread and we make it a competitive game or even pull the upset, he jumps in front of many candidates for me that are no better than a 50/50 chance of succeeding here. I think we can safely say if we win Saturday, that this is not a program that needs to be rebuilt, but its a program in rehab and recovery. We know Mickey will recruit and will hire the best people who can develop and recruit their tails off with him, which is what we need here for sustained success. That's why I feel if it isn't Mickey who takes over at HC it makes sense for Dave Aranda to take over and work with Mickey and Busch since they have had previous success working together and seem to share a great deal of chemistry together. Just my two cents. 

• Fire 1
1 minute ago, huskerpower22 said:

I think Saturday is the biggest game of the season for him. I think if we can "Cover" the Vegas spread and we make it a competitive game or even pull the upset, he jumps in front of many candidates for me that are no better than a 50/50 chance of succeeding here. I think we can safely say if we win Saturday, that this is not a program that needs to be rebuilt, but its a program in rehab and recovery. We know Mickey will recruit and will hire the best people who can develop and recruit their tails off with him, which is what we need here for sustained success. That's why I feel if it isn't Mickey who takes over at HC it makes sense for Dave Aranda to take over and work with Mickey and Busch since they have had previous success working together and seem to share a great deal of chemistry together. Just my two cents. 

If the news about Whipple is true, and Mickey still gets us to a bowl game......it would be tough not to give him a shot.  This game would go a long ways to get us to that point.

• Fire 1
2 hours ago, Toe said:

Was Baylor really that much of a rebuilding job? I mean when he was hired, they were just two years removed from a ten-win season. He took over a team that had 7 wins under an interim HC, and proceeded to produce a season with a single win.

TBH, it kinda reminds me of the narrative of Frost rebuilding UCF, when they were just a couple years removed from winning the Fiesta Bowl.

And Urban Meyer taking over a hugely successful Ohio State program just coming out of sanctions with a .500 team