Who should our next HC be?

31 minutes ago, lo country said:

He has a good body of work for sure, but what makes him a good hire over the others?  I do like him as he appears to be a no nonsense fundamental type of coach that NU hasn't had in forever.  Just wonder if it will be the "wow" hire to move the recruiting meter.

He got Washington to the CFP in his 3rd year (lost to eventual National Champion Alabama). Won 2 conference and 1 division titles in 6 years there. Finished ranked in the top 15 three out of 6 years. Pretty solid.

He did not rebuild them, they were in decent shape when he got there. Agree, his recruiting would be a question mark for me. Average recruiting ranking of around #23 with all that success doesn't seem all that great. Nothing really tells me he could move the recruiting meter, but apparently he's a develop players type guy?

He's a definite notch above most of the names being mentioned in my book. Plus Huskies and Huskers sound similar...so, there's that.

I'm not big on "cultural fit" mattering much at all. But in this context, he just seems like suuuuuuch a west coast guy. There have been countless stories about it. I don't think it would matter as far as our acceptance of him, I just think it might matter as far as his interest in us.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

No but in all seriousness there aren't many coaches that we can name that are grinders and hate to lose candidate coaches.  

I don't know, I think anyone who's had much success at all in this game could be considered grinders that hate to lose candidates. It's pretty subjective and outside of a couple guys where that's a known fact (Urban, Deion), I can see most of them seeming to fit that definition. It's not like there's a list of guys who are known to spend half the year golfing and sitting around eating bon bons.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

I don't know, I think anyone who's had much success at all in this game could be considered grinders that hate to lose candidates. It's pretty subjective and outside of a couple guys where that's a known fact (Urban, Deion), I can see most of them seeming to fit that definition. It's not like there's a list of guys who are known to spend half the year golfing and sitting around eating bon bons.

Yeah but certain coaches to me come across as they are ok with losing. Not saying they hate it but are ok with it. Trev said he wants a coach that hates losing. There are alot of names being thrown out but there are actually very few who fit the criteria that Trev wants. 

35 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Yeah but certain coaches to me come across as they are ok with losing. Not saying they hate it but are ok with it. Trev said he wants a coach that hates losing. There are alot of names being thrown out but there are actually very few who fit the criteria that Trev wants. 

Curious who you think they are...or aren't?

1 minute ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I don't know bc there isn't enough evidence to show me and any other husker fan who is a legit candidate. It's all pure speculation as to who we all want or would like. Just no evidence to back it up. 

I realize that. We wouldn't have this thread without it. Just wondering who strikes you as a grinder who hates to lose and who doesn't...of some names that are being speculated about here.

2 hours ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

We're over a month into a coaching search and we've reached out to another coach? Jeez, that's really going out on a limb there, Nuehesial.

No clue why people would be reading Petersen from that comment. Because they're both broadcasters? They're not even at the same network.

I was basically asking IF anyone on HB has heard rumors about CP? A handful of the outsiders who commented on Rick’s comment were mentioning CP. This is NOT a reach to associate the two, as you alluded to. Both coached at Washington, Rick has an infinity for the PAC 12 and follows it closely… CP also works with Urban at FOX, and Trev did meet with Urban…many think it was to either gauge his interest and/or get his thoughts on other candidates. Not a stretch to think that Urban could promote CP…. You can call it a stretch if you choose, but not nearly as much as Prime, Urban, even Aranda.

12 minutes ago, HANC said:

I was basically asking IF anyone on HB has heard rumors about CP? A handful of the outsiders who commented on Rick’s comment were mentioning CP. This is NOT a reach to associate the two, as you alluded to. Both coached at Washington, Rick has an infinity for the PAC 12 and follows it closely… CP also works with Urban at FOX, and Trev did meet with Urban…many think it was to either gauge his interest and/or get his thoughts on other candidates. Not a stretch to think that Urban could promote CP…. You can call it a stretch if you choose, but not nearly as much as Prime, Urban, even Aranda.

I wasn't saying hiring CP is a stretch. I was saying Neuheisel saying he knows we've reached out to one coach (duh) and assuming it's CP is a stretch.

47 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Serious question, what does him grinding on co eds /being dishonest in your marriage have in correlation of football games.

Just don't think the comment 'if he can get tail at 58 grind away' is appropriate considering he is married. But thats just me. Frankly him physically assualting his players is more concerning to me as a football coach. 

• Plus1 1