Who should our next HC be?

13 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Knew Urban didn't run a clean program at Florida. Had no idea it was this bad. I thought in Nebraska we want our coaches to teach young men to not just be winners, but also winners in the game of life. 

image.png.db1ded2a891081a7c1d49aceab076699.png

Also find it funny people are clamoring for Lane Kiffin. He's the anti Urban Meyer. Urban despite his personality flaws wins everywhere he goes so he keeps getting chances. Kiffin ruins the program or screws over the school everywhere he goes and somehow keeps getting chances. It's pretty remarkable.

You are off on your assessment of Kiffin. He left Tennessee after one year fine if you want to complain about that. He went to USC when they had actual sanctions and won 10 games and the division. As much as people talk about Rhule going into sanctions the ones Kiffin faced at USC were 100x worse. Then served as an OC on a championship team. Then took over and FAU team that had won 3 games for 3 straight years and won 11 games 2 out of the three years he was there. Then took over yet another team ravaged by sanctions who had won 6 games in a season once in the last 4 years and has them as a legit contender in year 3. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Then took over yet another team ravaged by sanctions who had won 6 games in a season once in the last 4 years and has them as a legit contender in year 3. 

And why would he have any interest in Nebraska?   He's already playing in the premier conference and has developed a good, competitive team.  

Only reason I can think of is support - lack thereof at Ole Miss.  And I guess this one - if he showed the same kind of growth at Nebraska, he'd probably win the division 4 out of 5 years - if divisions were to stay around.  If not, he would get us into the top 5 of OSU, USC, MIch, UCLA & Neb - or top 6 if we include PSU.  That doesn't put him near the playoff unless we end up # 1-4. 

• Plus1 1
38 minutes ago, Ulty said:

First of all, you replied to your own quote again. You need to be more careful about switching between your sock accounts.

Secondly, you are talking about "substantial evidence" and "simple assault," but that would all require the kicker to pursue it as a crime. The kicker did file a lawsuit for hostile work environment, by the way, but I don't know what came of it or if it would even be successful. But the point of the story is that UM is a scumbag, which certainly has been substantiated. If I recall, the kicking incident was also accompanied by some verbal abuse and threats as well. 

Thirdly, even though I know that winning forgives many ills, I am still in the camp that says character matters. College football players, even at a big business program like Nebraska, are all kids, most of whom will not get to the NFL and all of whom are still trying to learn about life. Molding young athletes into responsible men is still an important job of a coach in my mind.

If he isn't going to pursue it as a crime then why voice it at all?  You know why nothing came from any of it was bc simple it wasn't true or not that serious. Like I said certain people love to add on when your down.  Urban Meyer may be a scumbag to you and that's how you judge him bc of what is presented to you through the media. For me I don't know him so I don't past judgement. You have your opinion on him I have mine. For me what is presented to me is a college football coach who is a 3 time winner.

2 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

You are off on your assessment of Kiffin. He left Tennessee after one year fine if you want to complain about that. He went to USC when they had actual sanctions and won 10 games and the division. And was so disliked he was left on the tarmac. Then we have the raiders. - And also the affair he had with Saban's daughter. 

Lane Kiffin’s brief odyssey into the bizarre world of the Oakland Raiders ended finally when his long-rumored firing came Tuesday, apparently by telephone. Then Al Davis, who had not addressed reporters since he hired Kiffin last year, had an extraordinary news conference in which he called Kiffin a “flat-out liar” and detailed his reasons for firing him. Davis displayed and read from a three-page letter he gave Kiffin in September that enumerated his mistakes on and off the field. It cited things like clashes over personnel moves and what Davis considered lies Kiffin told the news media. Kiffin later told ESPN, “I was embarrassed to watch that.” Davis said Kiffin had disgraced the Raiders, and that not his 5-15 record was why he fired Kiffin. “I don’t think it was any one thing,” Davis said. “It was a cumulative thing. I think the pattern just disturbed me.”   

Lane was leading a happy life with his wife and 3 kids until rumors spread like wildfire about his extramarital affair in 2015. He was highlighted by the paparazzi for having an affair with the head coach of the University of Alabama Nick Saban’s daughter Kristen. News spread all over about Lane Kiffin’s affair. The American football coach was constantly accused of having a physical relationship with Kristen in 2015. Trolls unfurled and the public mocked him for his affair. Eventually, the rumors were confirmed and the echo reached his wife Layla’s ears which made her take a drastic measure of filing for divorce in Feb of 2016.

2 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

As much as people talk about Rhule going into sanctions the ones Kiffin faced at USC were 100x worse. Then served as an OC on a championship team. Then took over and FAU team that had won 3 games for 3 straight years and won 11 games 2 out of the three years he was there. Then took over yet another team ravaged by sanctions who had won 6 games in a season once in the last 4 years and has them as a legit contender in year 3. 

So- how do you fill about Bill O'Brien then??? Also don't like how he left the Owls. FAU gave him his second chance, invested every penny they had in him, and he gave them the finger walking out the door. Fact remains, Kiffin hasn't been able to hold down a job for more than 3 years anywhere he goes. 

5 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

And why would he have any interest in Nebraska?   He's already playing in the premier conference and has developed a good, competitive team.  

Only reason I can think of is support - lack thereof at Ole Miss.  And I guess this one - if he showed the same kind of growth at Nebraska, he'd probably win the division 4 out of 5 years - if divisions were to stay around.  If not, he would get us into the top 5 of OSU, USC, MIch, UCLA & Neb - or top 6 if we include PSU.  That doesn't put him near the playoff unless we end up # 1-4. 

I wasn't saying he would cuz I have no idea, but I will say that crazier stuff happened even just last year. I think coaches now have a lot more freedom just find wherever fits them and he may just like it more here or want to try it out. Kiffin is a wild guy. Ole Miss also def has a ceiling they have never won more than 10 games in a season. And now that teams can pay players above the table that takes some more steam off their ability to recruit. 

2 hours ago, Stone Cold said:

Serious question, what does him grinding on co eds /being dishonest in your marriage have in correlation of football games.

I kinda get you as I normally don't venture into people's private lives.

But there's still a lingering perception that a college football coach is a mentor to young men, and that character and dare I say "family" is part of building team unity. So the likelihood that a coach is humiliating his wife and kids by trying to bang coeds in public does play into it. These guys are often the highest paid state employee and the face of a University, so scrutiny comes with the job more than it would with a regional sales manager.

More to the point: Urban Meyer did not fly back with his team after Jacksonville lost the game, choosing instead to go to a local bar and have coeds grind on him. Even ignoring the coed grinding, nobody in pro football can remember the coach not flying back with his team. 

• Plus1 4
50 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

It will not be your problem- it will be the university’s problem though.

We’re going to spend a lot money and I think we can reasonable expect a coach to not be banging the students. Text book harassment. I hope if that happens she/they get a lawsuit equal to the coaches buyout. Particularly if we knew going into it they have a history of preying on the co-Ed’s. 

Why do people always go for the negative towards things?? It goes from grinding to automatically sleeping or towards that!!! Sounds to be like slander. Some of you guys are flat out wrong. Slander- Make false and damaging statements about someone. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4
28 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

This is some real move the goalposts stuff here. First he is the anti Urban who ruin programs. Now its a bunch of stuff that makes him sound exactly like Urban with still no evidence he ruined anywhere. Also its funny how people act about someone getting fired vs leaving for a better job. Leaving someone on the tarmac fine. Someone turning a program around then going up for a better opportunity equals giving them the finger. As for the marriage stuff get a life dude. As long as both parties are of age and its consensual then I'm staying out of other people's business. 

As for BoB thats once again irrelevant to this but he seems like a good enough coach. He hasn't won 10 games in a season in cfb let alone 2 P5 schools under recruiting sanctions though so no he doesn't really have even close to the same CFB accomplishments.  But they were both OCs on Alabama so sure bring him up. He also hasn't won a NC as an OC there but dont let that stop you. 

From another board:

Nebraska should embrace its roots and go back to the Wing-T Option that they won 3 national titles with in the 90s...they should hire Army's Jeff Monken!! I don't think people truly realize the outstanding job Monken has done at Army. I mean they won 9, 10 and 11 games in consecutive seasons. He beats Navy!! He almost knocked off both Ohio State and Oklahoma in back to back seasons. Give this guy the resources that Nebraska has!! There has never been a time like right now, where the option can make a strong comeback. Nobody runs it and therefore, nobody knows how to defend it. Its very hard to prepare for in just one week. Again...go back to what made Nebraska football...Nebraska!! 

"Wing-T Option" :lol: 

• Haha 3
  • Fire 2
8 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

From another board:

Nebraska should embrace its roots and go back to the Wing-T Option that they won 3 national titles with in the 90s...they should hire Army's Jeff Monken!! I don't think people truly realize the outstanding job Monken has done at Army. I mean they won 9, 10 and 11 games in consecutive seasons. He beats Navy!! He almost knocked off both Ohio State and Oklahoma in back to back seasons. Give this guy the resources that Nebraska has!! There has never been a time like right now, where the option can make a strong comeback. Nobody runs it and therefore, nobody knows how to defend it. Its very hard to prepare for in just one week. Again...go back to what made Nebraska football...Nebraska!! 

I mean Paul Johnson tried something similar at G-Tech in the P5, but the results just didn't match. 

image.thumb.png.60669f7667bbde8d8ff82decdb2efbbd.png