Who should our next HC be?

When does this become an upper management issue? Who is in charge of hiring the AD? The Huskers have had 4 coaches and 5 Athletic Directors since 2003. That is not a recipe for success at all. The entire Husker football organization is a mess. The coaches and the athletic directors are being used as scapegoats. 

They absolutely need to hit a home run with this next coach. If they don't they need to start looking at upper management. Why in the hell would they allow Steve Pederson to come in off the street and fire the head coach that had a better start to his career than Bob and Tom?

The huskers are a dumpster fire right now. s#!t rolls down hill. 

3 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I think I know who the mystery man is that checks ALL the boxes.   He knows the entire country in football experience, great on the field and the classroom, available immediately now, will almost certainly retain MJ and Busch having worked with both of them.  

Experience in Big Ten and Big 12.  
Understands the X & Os  and the Ps & Qs. 
A GRINDER. 
Hard working character guy. 
I don’t believe anyone has seriously mentioned his name as a candidate yet. 
Almost guaranteed fit in Lincoln.  Probably be a popular choice for some fans while others will take some time to come to like the success he can achieve.  It will be sustainable 

Can u guess him?   
i will reveal him tomorrow night if nobody gets it sooner.  

Bobby Friggin Diaco.  Nice.  NU and OU, can see the strain (who else can), hard working (the hardest) and NU hated to see him go.  Genius pick.

• Haha 2
10 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I think I know who the mystery man is that checks ALL the boxes.   He knows the entire country in football experience, great on the field and the classroom, available immediately now, will almost certainly retain MJ and Busch having worked with both of them.  

Experience in Big Ten and Big 12.  
Understands the X & Os  and the Ps & Qs. 
A GRINDER. 
Hard working character guy. 
I don’t believe anyone has seriously mentioned his name as a candidate yet. 
Almost guaranteed fit in Lincoln.  Probably be a popular choice for some fans while others will take some time to come to like the success he can achieve.  It will be sustainable 

Can u guess him?   
i will reveal him tomorrow night if nobody gets it sooner.  

Les Miles :dunno

29 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

Peterson won’t leave the Northwest because of his family.  That is why he stayed at Boise and then went to Washington and turned down other jobs. 

You’re probably right. The thing I do know is that coaches who are already making $5-$8M in good jobs (Baylor, Ole Miss, etc.) and who are having some level of success there aren’t going to be anxious to jump into this 20 year dumpster fire. If they were, I’d have to question their intelligence.

1 minute ago, hunnit said:

When does this become an upper management issue? Who is in charge of hiring the AD? The Huskers have had 4 coaches and 5 Athletic Directors since 2003. That is not a recipe for success at all. The entire Husker football organization is a mess. The coaches and the athletic directors are being used as scapegoats. 

They absolutely need to hit a home run with this next coach. If they don't they need to start looking at upper management. Why in the hell would they allow Steve Pederson to come in off the street and fire the head coach that had a better start to his career than Bob and Tom?

My opinion is that there’s been too much interference and influence by various influential persons. That’s part of it. Another element of it is how times have changed. 

We need to instill a scrappy, underdog sort mindset. Start winning games that we’re not supposed to. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, M.A. said:

My opinion is that there’s been too much interference and influence by various influential persons. That’s part of it. Another element of it is how times have changed. 

We need to instill a scrappy, underdog sort mindset. Start winning games that we’re not supposed to. 

How about we start beating teams that we should have a talent advantage on? You know, like the teams in the Big Ten West.

• Fire 1
23 minutes ago, hunnit said:

giphy.gif

• Plus1 3
5 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

You’re probably right. The thing I do know is that coaches who are already making $5-$8M in good jobs (Baylor, Ole Miss, etc.) and who are having some level of success there aren’t going to be anxious to jump into this 20 year dumpster fire. If they were, I’d have to question their intelligence.

That’s true, it might be hard to get those guys… but the way Aranda presents himself and represents his school would make him worth getting.

• Oh Yeah! 1