Who should our next HC be?

8 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

I'm hearing a lot of buzz about this Campbell guy in the past few hours.  Could be something to it?

I don’t want Mike Riley 2.0 as the next coach. What was Riley’s record in his last year at Oregon State? 5-7, which Campbell is on pace for this year. The arguments for Campbell on here are very similar to the ones for Riley years ago. “Winning at Oregon State is hard.” Now it’s “winning at Iowa State is hard.” 

• Plus1 4
  • TBH 2

3 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

What I’ve learned from this thread is absolutely nothing except some people seem to think that every and all coaches, living or in some cases dead, are in play. The constant mentioning of people like Urban or Kiffin amazes me. Not. Happening.

Screenshotting this! :D

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1
3 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

What I’ve learned from this thread is absolutely nothing except some people seem to think that every and all coaches, living or in some cases dead, are in play. The constant mentioning of people like Urban or Kiffin amazes me. Not. Happening.

I heard jim tressell was in lincoln the other day

Ohio State Block O to honor Hall of Famer Jim Tressel on Saturday - Big Ten  Network

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1

53 minutes ago, husker009 said:

I don’t want Mike Riley 2.0 as the next coach. What was Riley’s record in his last year at Oregon State? 5-7, which Campbell is on pace for this year. The arguments for Campbell on here are very similar to the ones for Riley years ago. “Winning at Oregon State is hard.” Now it’s “winning at Iowa State is hard.” 

What a lazy argument

• Plus1 5
38 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Good point. Ya know I haven’t seen Bud Grant’s name thrown out yet but we might as well. Been awhile since he coached but think he could do big things in Lincoln. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
36 minutes ago, Husker816 said:

What a lazy argument

It will be the darkest day in the history of NU football if Campbell even sets foot inside Memorial Stadium, much less if he’s named head coach. Trev will have lowered NU’s standards to the very bottom of college football. It will be a day which lives in infamy. What I’m saying is that such a catastrophic event would be NU’s Pearl Harbor. Trev would be the Japanese in this scenario. We all have high hopes of getting a quality coach and this would be Trev flying in and bombing all of our hopes and dreams for this program. He would be making us accept IOWA STATE’s coach, which is completely unacceptable. On top of that, his record is mediocre outside of one year. His reputation as AD would be beyond repair. Such a hire would set NU back 20 more years.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4
  • TBH 1

On 9/29/2022 at 8:12 AM, TGHusker said:

And if you are going to go that route:

1.  Vince Lombardi

2.  George Halas

3.  Bud Grant

I suspect we can use modern technology and have one of these 3 coach via hologram.  If Elvis can sing via hologram, Vince can coach again via hologram!!:stir

@Enhance   See above:yeah  from page 201

You stated: 

Good point. Ya know I haven’t seen Bud Grant’s name thrown out yet but we might as well. Been awhile since he coached but think he could do big things in Lincoln

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
23 minutes ago, husker009 said:

It will be the darkest day in the history of NU football if Campbell even sets foot inside Memorial Stadium, much less if he’s named head coach. Trev will have lowered NU’s standards to the very bottom of college football. It will be a day which lives in infamy. What I’m saying is that such a catastrophic event would be NU’s Pearl Harbor. Trev would be the Japanese in this scenario. His reputation as AD would be beyond repair. Such a hire would set NU back 20 more years.

Stop It Get Some Help GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 1
  • TBH 6