Who should our next HC be?

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

What I’ve learned from this thread is absolutely nothing except some people seem to think that every and all coaches, living or in some cases dead, are in play. The constant mentioning of people like Urban or Kiffin amazes me. Not. Happening.

Neither is Aranda or Peterson. 

• TBH 2

2 hours ago, husker009 said:

It will be the darkest day in the history of NU football if Campbell even sets foot inside Memorial Stadium, much less if he’s named head coach. Trev will have lowered NU’s standards to the very bottom of college football. It will be a day which lives in infamy. What I’m saying is that such a catastrophic event would be NU’s Pearl Harbor. Trev would be the Japanese in this scenario. We all have high hopes of getting a quality coach and this would be Trev flying in and bombing all of our hopes and dreams for this program. He would be making us accept IOWA STATE’s coach, which is completely unacceptable. On top of that, his record is mediocre outside of one year. His reputation as AD would be beyond repair. Such a hire would set NU back 20 more years.

Just reading this makes me hope we hire Campbell.

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I’d agree on Aranda. Peterson…..maybe. At least he isn’t currently employed in an already high paying gig.

Peterson won’t leave the Northwest because of his family.  That is why he stayed at Boise and then went to Washington and turned down other jobs. 

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I have no idea if Deion would be successful here.  But, I believe that Deion and MJ together recruiting would knock it out of the ball park.  I'm not sure they would clash.  The clip of Deion talking about being old school sure sounds like that would be right up MJ's alley.  

With such a small recruiting base of high profile kids, this is the kind of thinking Nebraska should embrace 

• Plus1 1

I think I know who the mystery man is that checks ALL the boxes.   He knows the entire country in football experience, great on the field and the classroom, available immediately now, will almost certainly retain MJ and Busch having worked with both of them.  

Experience in Big Ten and Big 12.  
Understands the X & Os  and the Ps & Qs. 
A GRINDER. 
Hard working character guy. 
I don’t believe anyone has seriously mentioned his name as a candidate yet. 
Almost guaranteed fit in Lincoln.  Probably be a popular choice for some fans while others will take some time to come to like the success he can achieve.  It will be sustainable 

Can u guess him?   
i will reveal him tomorrow night if nobody gets it sooner.  

• Plus1 1