Prime Time!!! - Deion Sanders Hired as Colorado Head Coach

Shiggity

8 minutes ago, desertshox said:

It's only lonely because the number of people who can't figure out there is more than just the football forum.

Well I suppose I don't immediately think of HuskerBoard when I want to talk NBA, but I'll take what I can get. And it's pretty sleepy. 

P&R is generally hopping on a minute by minute basis. So people have figured that out. Not a huge group of folks but fairly prolific.

Apparently there was a woman who posted a ton of recipes, but I never even stumbled into that forum. 

Sanders to Colorado is great for college football overall.  It is exciting! 

The Buffaloes have been pretty stinky for about 15 years.  They paid their dues.

I know they once was a rival back in the day, and now we get to play them next year and the following year in Lincoln.   That will be fun!

I just don't understand the angst towards Sanders or CU unless you live among the folks, as I can imagine.

I just like him and will watch with excitement the next few seasons - except when they play the Huskers of course.

I just think college football is fun when you have a Deion Sanders, Steve Spurrier, Barry Switzer, Lou Holtz, Mike Leach, Urban Meyer, etc., etc... 

It's all good

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, admo said:

Sanders to Colorado is great for college football overall.  It is exciting! 

The Buffaloes have been pretty stinky for about 15 years.  They paid their dues.

I know they once was a rival back in the day, and now we get to play them next year and the following year in Lincoln.   That will be fun!

I just don't understand the angst towards Sanders or CU unless you live among the folks, as I can imagine.

I just like him and will watch with excitement the next few seasons - except when they play the Huskers of course.

I just think college football is fun when you have a Deion Sanders, Steve Spurrier, Barry Switzer, Lou Holtz, Mike Leach, Urban Meyer, etc., etc... 

It's all good

I agree but what makes it fun with most of those names you mentioned (including Prime) is when they fail miserably. I’d love for Deion to recruit lights out and then not be able to put it all together…..but I hate CU so.  Maybe the last 20 years of Husker football has made me bitter :lol:

• Oh Yeah! 1
36 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I agree but what makes it fun with most of those names you mentioned (including Prime) is when they fail miserably. I’d love for Deion to recruit lights out and then not be able to put it all together…..but I hate CU so.  Maybe the last 20 years of Husker football has made me bitter :lol:

It probably has.....

A few of my clients are CU grads and CU season ticket holders.....so I certainly don't hate that part of CU!

13 hours ago, Red Five said:

Not obsessed. I just like tweaking the Deion fanboys.

What is your obsession with Deion Sanders?

Not obsessed either. But if the topic is non-Nebraska college football coaches — like it was in the Coaching Carousel -- Deion Sanders is a good story. Some people were called fanboys simply for pointing this out. Then everyone was sent to this thread in Siberia. 

I'm reminded of the scene in Private Parts where station management gets the Neilsen Ratings on Howard Stern: people who say they love Howard Stern listen to him 2.5 hours every day. People who say they hate Howard Stern listen to him 4.0 hours every day. 

• Plus1 2
8 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Not obsessed either. But if the topic is non-Nebraska college football coaches — like it was in the Coaching Carousel -- Deion Sanders is a good story. Some people were called fanboys simply for pointing this out. Then everyone was sent to this thread in Siberia. 

I'm reminded of the scene in Private Parts where station management gets the Neilsen Ratings on Howard Stern: people who say they love Howard Stern listen to him 2.5 hours every day. People who say they hate Howard Stern listen to him 4.0 hours every day. 

That’s why it’s hilarious watching people who’ve spent the past week follow anything Deion related and cluelessly thinking they are digging on people and the whole time the joke is on them. A grown man being so moved by Deion getting a job stalking any positive mention of the man is straight comedy. 

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 1