11 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

On my way to work yesterday morning…

6a505fbf350563e2d1c027c2d2b1f05f

Damn, I HATE when people drive around with a ton of snow on their cars. We had a lifted truck douche with a ton of snow/ice on his truck and a big chunk flew off and hit our windshield. Luckily it didn't crack but it scared this s#!t out of us 

32 minutes ago, GSG said:

Damn, I HATE when people drive around with a ton of snow on their cars. We had a lifted truck douche with a ton of snow/ice on his truck and a big chunk flew off and hit our windshield. Luckily it didn't crack but it scared this s#!t out of us 

Yeah the rolling blizzard cars are the worst. Hey numb nuts, take 2 minutes to clear your vehicle off before ya start driving.

• 10 months later...
On 11/29/2022 at 2:04 PM, knapplc said:

I'm looking at this one. $50 more, but two-stage. Only one battery, though. Second battery is another $280.

https://www.amazon.com/PowerSmart-24-Inch-Self-Propelled-Cordless-Included/dp/B0B9RWHYNM/ref=psdc_3043481_t4_B01MYURMK7?th=1

I am so happy I finally pulled the trigger on this thing after 26 years of home ownership. Used it three times this week already.

Today was rough. The drifts were so high the battery died before I could finish my sidewalk.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I am so happy I finally pulled the trigger on this thing after 26 years of home ownership. Used it three times this week already.

Today was rough. The drifts were so high the battery died before I could finish my sidewalk.

I didn't get this one, I got the EGO and love it.  I don't need to worry about a gas engine starting and it's relatively quiet while using.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I didn't get this one, I got the EGO and love it.  I don't need to worry about a gas engine starting and it's relatively quiet while using.

Same. Although one of my two EGO batteries died this winter after just under 3 years of use. The other battery is still working fine and I love the snowblower otherwise.

• Oh Yeah! 1
4 hours ago, knapplc said:

Oooh, I like that it has chute aim and deflector controls up on the handle. My gas one has this awkward rotary hand crank for the chute and it will only stop with the crank handle in the down position. Often this doesn’t leave the chute in the best position. And the deflector has to be adjusted by hand.

3 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Oooh, I like that it has chute aim and deflector controls up on the handle. My gas one has this awkward rotary hand crank for the chute and it will only stop with the crank handle in the down position. Often this doesn’t leave the chute in the best position. And the deflector has to be adjusted by hand.

It took me a few tries to figure this thing out, but I've got to the point where I can flip the chute 180 degrees without killing the safety switch. And today, with the 25+mph winds, I learned it didn't matter if I had the launch angle at the ground or up high. That powder was going wherever it wanted to go. Sorry, downwind neighbors.

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Why does it seem like blowers break all the time?

This content is not relevant to my interests. I need this thing to last through a few more winters.

Your back is only warrantied for so many miles.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It took me a few tries to figure this thing out, but I've got to the point where I can flip the chute 180 degrees without killing the safety switch. And today, with the 25+mph winds, I learned it didn't matter if I had the launch angle at the ground or up high. That powder was going wherever it wanted to go. Sorry, downwind neighbors.

This content is not relevant to my interests. I need this thing to last through a few more winters.

Your back is only warrantied for so many miles.

Sorry!!! ha!

Fired up my Ariens mid-November (started 1st pull) when I moved the lawnmower to the back of the garage and the snowblower to the front.  And I haven't used it yet this season (I probably need to start it to run some gas one of these days).

I live 350ish miles northeast of you Nebraskans.  Looking out my window I can still see the top of the grass in the yard.  We were supposed to get 3"-6" yesterday and didn't get a single flake.  We got killed last year, so I am loving this winter (up until the wind/cold coming in today).

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, commando said:

my snowblower was to short for the plow drift left at the end of my driveway.   the throw chute was covered when i pushed into that drift.    

In the past when this has happened to me, I used a snow shovel to knock down the drift, snowplow the knocked down snow, repeat.

• Plus1 2

We hadn't had snow since October but it took me forever to shovel the driveway and the sidewalks, so I said "f#&% it" and bought a Kobalt one. We haven't had snow since, but we got a whole inch, maybe 2, of dry powder last night. Not worth breaking it out. Maybe I'll get to use it someday lol

• Oh Yeah! 2