Michigan and Harbaugh under NCAA investigation

Toe

1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

I feel bad in a way, because the last few years Harbaugh has built a Michigan football team to overtake Ohio State.  And the Buckeyes have been the top dog bully for over 10 years.  So that really impresses me.

But also sad that he is leaving, because it is so great for college football and the Big Ten.  Unless you are Ryan Day and Ohio State alum, fans, boosters, etc.

Having said that, if I was in his shoes and just won a Natty, I would most def go to the LA Chargers.  Great Stadium/venue.  Good team.  Love Herbert.  It's SoCal.  And they just need someone to lead the way.  Bring the winning mentality and formula.  Only thing in the way is the Chiefs, but you can still make it to the tournament (playoffs) finishing 2nd in that Division.  

Best of luck to Harbaugh and I hope he has them in the Super Bowl in 3 years.

• TBH 2
25 minutes ago, admo said:

I feel bad in a way, because the last few years Harbaugh has built a Michigan football team to overtake Ohio State.  And the Buckeyes have been the top dog bully for over 10 years.  So that really impresses me.

But also sad that he is leaving, because it is so great for college football and the Big Ten.  Unless you are Ryan Day and Ohio State alum, fans, boosters, etc.

Having said that, if I was in his shoes and just won a Natty, I would most def go to the LA Chargers.  Great Stadium/venue.  Good team.  Love Herbert.  It's SoCal.  And they just need someone to lead the way.  Bring the winning mentality and formula.  Only thing in the way is the Chiefs, but you can still make it to the tournament (playoffs) finishing 2nd in that Division.  

Best of luck to Harbaugh and I hope he has them in the Super Bowl in 3 years.

Many great points here

• Oh Yeah! 1
16 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Ready ...... and waiting....

Weeks ago he had $100 mil on the table.  Just laying there.

And just like Jimmy H, he was more interested about the Spaghetti Carbonara with garlic bread.  The Red flags were there.  

46 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Ready ...... and waiting....

:cheers Good for Harbaugh and congrats! Go win a Super Bowl in try #2.  Could be one 1 of only 4? coaches to do that. Maybe the 5th. 

The bummer part is he will probably take Ravens DC #2 Jesse Minter with him. I think one of the main reasons M turned it around is getting great  DCs from his brother. 

M moves on to Sherone Moore who is already 4-0 as a head coach with wins over OSU and PSU while coaching the OL and being OC. 

It would be nice if John Harbaugh has another future NFL DC to loan out.:horns

• TBH 1
38 minutes ago, admo said:

Weeks ago he had $100 mil on the table.  Just laying there.

And just like Jimmy H, he was more interested about the Spaghetti Carbonara with garlic bread.  The Red flags were there.  

What is the Chargers contract? I heard 18M a year. I mean, would you turn down another shot at Lombardi? When is a better time to launch back in? 

Although he has to go to the cesspool that is LA. Would have been nicer if they were still in SD.

7 minutes ago, nic said:

What is the Chargers contract? I heard 18M a year. I mean, would you turn down another shot at Lombardi? When is a better time to launch back in? 

Although he has to go to the cesspool that is LA. Would have been nicer if they were still in SD.

It's not about the contract.  You know very well about college football contracts and payouts.  

I think that when you climb Mount Everest (NCAA), looking back at how long it took, but you made it, you feel a sense of elation..........So your next challenge (NFL) that is calling, is to climb Mount K2 or Nanga Parbat. A slightly different mountain and one you climbed before.....but Without the NCAA on your back and recruiting High Schoolers that show college potential.  

1 hour ago, admo said:

It's not about the contract.  You know very well about college football contracts and payouts.  

I think that when you climb Mount Everest (NCAA), looking back at how long it took, but you made it, you feel a sense of elation..........So your next challenge (NFL) that is calling, is to climb Mount K2 or Nanga Parbat. A slightly different mountain and one you climbed before.....but Without the NCAA on your back and recruiting High Schoolers that show college potential.  

Got it. And agree. He wants another shot at a super bowl for sure. I posted that to Maveric. I think only 4 coaches have won an NCAA championship and a Super Bowl.

1 hour ago, jaws said:

If Michigan hires Sherone Moore, is he on 3rd base with Day? 

I would rather have Harbaugh coaching in Michigan. I think it is better for the sport. 

The NCAA disagrees. I think Moore was a big part of improving Michigan's OL. He needs a DC though, and now an OC. Not sure if he will be successful. It should help recruiting to not have Harbaugh flirting with the NFL every year. Michigan is also not keeping up with OSU and Oregon's NIL money.

6 hours ago, desertshox said:

Have you thought about getting a part time job to chip in more?

:sarcasm

(Sorry, just had to)

Ha. I am not a Michigan alum. They have plenty of millionaires to chip in.:P

13 hours ago, nic said:

:cheers Good for Harbaugh and congrats! Go win a Super Bowl in try #2.  Could be one 1 of only 4? coaches to do that. Maybe the 5th. 

The bummer part is he will probably take Ravens DC #2 Jesse Minter with him. I think one of the main reasons M turned it around is getting great  DCs from his brother. 

M moves on to Sherone Moore who is already 4-0 as a head coach with wins over OSU and PSU while coaching the OL and being OC. 

It would be nice if John Harbaugh has another future NFL DC to loan out.:horns

I believe, if he does win a SB, he would be #4. Jimmy Johnson, Pete Carroll and Barry Switzer are the first 3 to have done the double.