If Bo goes, who do you want?

Head coaching wish list  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If Bo goes by way of firing, you can forget about who you want to replace him because they ain't coming. 3 CCG appearances in five seasons (3 in 4 years as some have described it is murky semantic maneuvering, imo) and a ten win season is more than enough to earn more time. If he's let go, we're pretty much out of consideration for any up and coming or established big time coach. Solich was let go almost a decade ago, but people still reference his record when he was let go to this day. SI had an article on him and Ohio and they hit that angle pretty hard just a couple months ago.

Now, if he goes of his own volition, that's a whole different story. And I'm not saying I hope that happens. I'm just saying if he gets fired after this year, get ready to start paying a lot more attention to Darin Erstad and Tim Miles.

I said this in a status update. To hell with it. Let him and the staff go. Maybe, just maybe we'll get that lesson we avoided in 1977, or in 2003. We need to be Indiana for a year. A loss like this is unacceptable. But seasons of 9, 10, 10, 9, and now 10(maybe 11) wins, but it's not good enough without championships? That's why this thread should be changed to "who can we get". With that you better get the coaching list from the FCS level on down. Obviously folks asking for a coaching simply do not know jack sh#t about sports and the importance of continuity in a program like ours. Constantly getting coaches to change and moving around staff is not the way to get to the top here. That has been proved, on more than one occasion.

What the f are you going on about five seasons? Nebraska has gone to 3 CCG in the last FOUR seasons. Or four years. There's no semantics about it.

Bo's been here five seasons. Been to three CCGs over that span. I was talking about his entire tenure. But yeah, 3 in the last 4 is accurate. I misunderstood, but, in my defense, I did drink an irresponsible amount of alcohol this weekend. So cut me some f'ing slack. :lol:

Bo's been here five seasons. Been to three CCGs over that span. I was talking about his entire tenure. But yeah, 3 in the last 4 is accurate. I misunderstood, but, in my defense, I did drink an irresponsible amount of alcohol this weekend. So cut me some f'ing slack. :lol:

You don't get slack for your own poor decisions ;)

You don't get slack for your own poor decisions ;)

I wasn't asking you, dingleberry. :lol:

IF Bo leaves, just a name to throw out there. I don't see this as being that realistic, but hey we're talking about who we want, not who we think we'll get right? I'll say Mark Richt.

He's regularly able to compete in the toughest conference in football. They may be overrated at the beginning of the season sometimes, but once again, they're in the SEC, it's not exactly a cakewalk. And he's in a position where no matter what he does, he seems to be on the "hot seat". Factor in the Nebraska roots... who knows.

That said, I'd gladly take Chris Peterson as well.

+1

Richt almost reminds me of Tom Osborne in a way. If we go our separate ways with Pelini, I'd love to see Richt get some consideration if he's ready to try something different. As for who's on the list, Petersen seems like the obvious choice. I don't think we'll get an opportunity to hire him, though.

You got my 1st 2 if available and interested.

I think almost every option other than Peterson or Smart is a lateral move. I think everyone is overreacting a little bit as I think Bo is a good coach and should stay but there needs to be a change at DC. JP just isn't ready. With that said Kirby Smart and his pedigree for developing HS talent in to the NFL would be a top notch recruiter. I'm sure he knows a couple guys that know offense so I think he would be a great HC.

I would love to see the posters who would "love" to have Peterson, fedora, Malzahn, Patterson, Frank lin, strong, Gundy, and Petrino and see if they are part of the "we need to get back to smash mouth football" crowd. If so their credibility would be pretty shot since that isn't and hasn't ever been those coaches offensive m o.

• Fire 1

I would love to see the posters who would "love" to have Peterson, fedora, Malzahn, Patterson, Frank lin, strong, Gundy, and Petrino and see if they are part of the "we need to get back to smash mouth football" crowd. If so their credibility would be pretty shot since that isn't and hasn't ever been those coaches offensive m o.

I'm definitely not a member of that crowd. I'm more a part of the "we need to do whatever works" crowd.

First choices are not always the best choice. For many Pelini was a first choice. For some it was Paul Johnson (6-6 in the ACC this year btw) Hawkins was for CU I think also.

Sometimes the second or third option turn out to be the right guy. Pete Caroll was at least the 3rd option for USC.

Right fit at the right time is what is needed.

For what its worth I would prefer someone with a mentality more like Haurbaugh or Saban. Attention to detail and play fundamentally sound in all phases.

It shouldn't be who we would want, but rather who can we get.

If i had things my way, i would want Jon Gruden to coach the Cornhuskers, but i know there is a better chance of the Mayan apocalypse happening within the next two weeks.

In all honesty, I would love to see John Gruden here. I know it is a looooong shot and he has turned down numerous opportunities in the past (including Tennessee last week) but I think he can be bought for the right price. He's a defensive guru for the blackshirts and he is a true student of the game. That would be my dream list followed by Chris Peterson.

In all honesty, I would love to see John Gruden here. I know it is a looooong shot and he has turned down numerous opportunities in the past (including Tennessee last week) but I think he can be bought for the right price. He's a defensive guru for the blackshirts and he is a true student of the game. That would be my dream list followed by Chris Peterson.

Would you be okay with Nebraska shelling out 7-10 mil per year for a coach? I know I wouldn't be.