Will Bo Pelini ever win a National Championship at Nebraska (Poll)

Does Bo win a NC as Nebraska's Head Coach?  

229 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The crazy thing, an O with a pulse in 2009 and he/we would have one. No doubt in my mind.

Our D is young and appears to have the potential to be very good and very nasty the next 2-3 years. These next few years, we get a decent O and we have a shot. As noted above, depends on QB play and development of receivers and TE IMO as far as other skill positions. We have Bell and Turner, Westy and Burtch next year, but in 2015 unsure who we have other than Westy as a high level recruit. Unsure what year Allen is.

So yes, the potential is there.

I am also anxious to see how the playoffs actually work. Will there be SEC bias? Major conferences? This also might play into who really has an actual chance to play for the MNC.

No chance. None. Zilch. It simply will not happen. His recruiting has been mediocre. It would be charitable to call player development uneven. His coordinators are inexperienced headcases who were poor choices for their positions. The team has more mental/psychological issues than any football team I've ever seen. And In my view Bo clearly has his own mental/pychological problems that he's dealing with.

So in my opinion we're nowhere near a conference championship, much less a national one. I've been watching conference championship games all afternoon and the caliber of these teams puts the state of ours to shame.

• Fire 1

So much more goes into it then a simple yes or no. Schedule, others schedules, rankings, experience of players, etc.

The chances of him winning a NC anytime, whether it be at Nebraska or not are low. Just like every other coach in the nation.

Huskers had a 'favorable' schedule this year, according to just about everyone. Yet still managed to lose 4 games, 3 of them at home, and needed a hail mary to keep from having 5.

The future looks bright.

• Fire 3
:facepalm:

People seem to forget it took Osborne about 20 years before he won his first MNC title

Meaning what exactly?

Meaning NU fans can be a fickle bunch and expect the team to win a MNC every damn year. If there's one thing I've learned over the years, Huskers fans can be a bunch of whiny-ass babies if things don't go the way they want them to go.

• Fire 3

The crazy thing, an O with a pulse in 2009 and he/we would have one. No doubt in my mind.

Our D is young and appears to have the potential to be very good and very nasty the next 2-3 years. These next few years, we get a decent O and we have a shot. As noted above, depends on QB play and development of receivers and TE IMO as far as other skill positions. We have Bell and Turner, Westy and Burtch next year, but in 2015 unsure who we have other than Westy as a high level recruit. Unsure what year Allen is.

So yes, the potential is there.

I am also anxious to see how the playoffs actually work. Will there be SEC bias? Major conferences? This also might play into who really has an actual chance to play for the MNC.

I must agree that if we had any offense in '09, we at least are likely playing for the NC.

So much more goes into it then a simple yes or no. Schedule, others schedules, rankings, experience of players, etc.

The chances of him winning a NC anytime, whether it be at Nebraska or not are low. Just like every other coach in the nation.

Huskers had a 'favorable' schedule this year, according to just about everyone. Yet still managed to lose 4 games, 3 of them at home, and needed a hail mary to keep from having 5.

The future looks bright.

Was the experience there on defense? Its more then just one of the above happening in order to play, let alone, win a NC game. OSU might go undefeated and might not even make the BCS game just because the B1G has a bad perception.

I could care less if Bo ever wins a MNC game. That has no bearing on what Nebraska football is. Too much luck, too many things have to happen.

If I can watch Nebraska and see a team that resembles Stanford or Bama, meaning well coached, prepared team, Bo could stay forever without a MNC.

• Fire 1