SIGNED DE Sedrick King

It will take a while to get some weight packed onto him, but he looks pretty good. Plays fast and with a high motor.
With the recent use of smaller faster guys to rush off the edge, how much good weight would you like to see on him? I'm thinking getting him to about 235-250 and just turning him loose! If he turns into an animal let the guys at the next level figure out where to put him or put more weight on him.
  • Fire 1

It will take a while to get some weight packed onto him, but he looks pretty good. Plays fast and with a high motor.
With the recent use of smaller faster guys to rush off the edge, how much good weight would you like to see on him? I'm thinking getting him to about 235-250 and just turning him loose! If he turns into an animal let the guys at the next level figure out where to put him or put more weight on him.

Agreed, make him a situational pass rusher like we used Eric Martin as.

Did you noticed Gregory lean out during the year? I'd like to see him at about 260 depending on his frame size. 240 pounds seems to be a little of a liability in run defense.

^ THIS

Really glad we could get a DE. That being said, I hope we can get at least one more this year. We need someone who can contribute right away just because of our lack of depth for that position this year.

Keels is going to play immediately. You're right though that it would be nice to have another game ready option in case of injury.

This fills a big need though and is great work by the coaches. This class is really coming together.