Is this the biggest game of the Pelini era?

153 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

it feels like the biggest game. because the program has lost a lot of hope and excitement. as well as a lot of national respect and benefit of the doubt (we are the lowest ranked 5-0 team, i believe). so we have so much to gain and prove and want this so badly.

however, i would say the 2011 mizzou game was the biggest game. that was for the north and they were #6, iirc. but that game did not feel this big, for whatever reason. probably because we still believed we would win, rightfully so, and mizzou did not have the cache msu has accrued.

finally, i did not vote. this game does feel like the biggest game. like program changing. definitely could change people's perception of donu. and at this time, this win is very much needed.

Any of the conference championship games would be bigger in my book.

goodness, i did not even think of that. the 2010 was a big on because it was against a historic rival and we could have left that conference with their trophy.

2012 was big because it was ripe for the taking. a hand wrapped gift to end our unseemly drought.

i guess i was thinking in terms of must win. we do not have to win this game to have a great season. but it would go a long way to change how this program is perceived.

It is a very big game so I voted yes, even though it may not be the biggest of the Pelini era. A victory would be a huge step for Bo, this program, and for putting us in the drivers seat of the B1G. I have to believe a win vs a top ten would help us move up the rankings a bit faster. A loss and we're probably out of the top 25 (wrongly I might add). So, yeah, this is a really big game.

however, i would say the 2011 mizzou game was the biggest game. that was for the north and they were #6.

2010. They had just beat #2-3 OU. Roy Helu trampled their dreams. They took it out on Taylor's foot. We were never the same.

whoops. my bad. and i was at that game! that was a great all-around gameplan. but man was pinkel stupid. so many empty back sets for our defense to just feast on.

I don't know that this win would truly be the best win of the Pelini era. Any of the conference championships would've surely been a better notch in his belt than a win over Sparty Saturday. At the same time, a win would put us near the top ten before midseason (a previously unheard of rank for his teams this time of year). Furthermore, circumstantially, it may be the biggest win because if we win out and win the conference, it puts us in prime position to take one of those first four coveted playoff berths.

We really need to exploit the down landscape of the Big 10 and win the conference this year. But in order to fully take advantage of this conference, this year, we need a W this weekend.

• Fire 1