If We Lose To Wisconsin

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I really don't think we should do this.

If any coach is to be fired, it wouldn't be because we lost to Wisconsin. Also, being 8-1, firing a coach is kind of a crazy thing to talk about at this point. 8-2 isn't exactly a bad record either.

Also, what if we lose a close one? What if we play great football and Wisconsin just plays better. Why would that have to result in a firing?

Maybe we should see how it all goes.

• Fire 2

If we lose to Wisconsin I'm investing in shower curtain rod companies because there are some husker fans they will instantly become suicidal.

They will realize a shower curtain rod isn't strong enough to support them.

They will need to be replaced.

This thread really isn't needed.

I read your first line and immediately clicked "quote" to tell you a shower rod is too flimsy.

Then I kept reading.

Then I laughed.

• Fire 1

So, if we lose and don't make it to the conference championship game and go to the Gator Bowl or Outback Bowl, people would be just fine keeping everything the way it is? No coaching changes? That seems to be what most people are saying.

Well, the poll is vague. If we lose to Wisconsin and win the next 3 games, we'll be 11-2. I'm not overjoyed with Beck but I don't agree with firing people with that record. If we go 10-3, then I'd be a lot closer to saying someone should get canned. 9-4 or 8-5, absolutely yes.

• Fire 2

So, if we lose and don't make it to the conference championship game and go to the Gator Bowl or Outback Bowl, people would be just fine keeping everything the way it is? No coaching changes? That seems to be what most people are saying.

Yeah, let's start clearing house if we have a 2 loss season. This has to be a candidate for one of the dumbest threads of the year.

• Fire 1

Well, the poll is vague. If we lose to Wisconsin and win the next 3 games, we'll be 11-2. I'm not overjoyed with Beck but I don't agree with firing people with that record. If we go 10-3, then I'd be a lot closer to saying someone should get canned. 9-4 or 8-5, absolutely yes.

Agreed. I'd be pissed if we don't even get to the CCG this year again in a down year. I'd be upset we played so poorly at 3+ quarters at MSU in obviously a crucial loss in that scenario.

But it depends on how it plays out. If we get crushed, that's very suspect for the staff. If we drop a close one and win the final two, 6-2 in conference and 11-2 overall is pretty respectable. Of course we all want championships, but it's hard to talk about firing coaches after a two loss year. Especially if we win said bowl.

People thought Solich getting let go after 9-3 was bad. Could you imagine the backlash if coaches are let go after 12-2?

Gotta see how it all happens. I would like Barney reassigned off the staff regardless.

• Fire 2