This has been posted a thousand times already..but not really

BoNeyard

The kids are trying, the staff is trying, and without a doubt frustrated. They need positives and from the sound of them, they get it in the stadium. They know what Nebraska means and wants. Give them time to deliver.

Positive posts seem to be few and far between, thank you for the change in heart. The team needs our support.

• Fire 3

I was at the Wisconsin game. It was the first home game I've been able to come back for since Tommy Lee was on the field with the marching band. In the last few minutes, when things looked like they were actually going to break right for the Huskers, the players were so pumped up and interacting with the crowd. I've never seen Memorial stadium like that and am glad I was there. It was easily one of the best live sporting event experiences in my life. When the wheels feel off just a few minutes later I was upset that we lost but felt even more terrible for the players. I wanted them to win for them but you could tell they wanted to win for the fans.

• Fire 5

During this fight, I've seen a lot of changing, in the way you feel about me, and in the way I feel about you. In here, there were two guys killing each other, but I guess that's better than twenty million. I guess what I'm trying to say, is that if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change!

• Fire 5

oh no it's another thread about Mike Riley..

As you all probably know by now, with my short post count probably 96% of them are bashing Riley, the other 4% is where I randomly asked a question about Gameday being in Lincoln.

I have been anti Riley since day one of the announcement, never thought it would work out, the gasoline continued to be poured into my belief with each loss this season.........I live in Oregon and have seen Riley first hand with Oregon State, and know many people who are die hard beaver fans. I even know a few who know Riley pretty well..Nonetheless, I wish I could have them relay the message to Riley that he is far over his head here in Lincoln..

But you know what. Screw me.

The press conferences that came out today, I, one of Riley's biggest doubters and one to lead the mutiny, was inspired. That was awesome. The players, Riley himself, I could see it in their eyes that these guys want it, and they want to turn it around. There might be locker room divide, but those who spoke today are the ones all in on Nebraska and believe in what they are doing.

I am thoroughly impressed with Riley's handling of this debacle of a season. This really is hard on anyone. I cant think of a better way for Riley to earn respect around here then to overcome this heart wrenching start to his new career and finish strong. My goodness what a good story.

And after today, I fully believe Riley can overcome this and this team/program can exit the fire and really really build from this. Seriously, what better way for a program to mold and move into a better direction then to face the adversity they are facing right now.

I am ashamed of myself for how I have had perspective on this team and coaches.

Give them a shot, I​ really think these guys are just one game away from breaking the barrier and doing something special.

This could end up being a special season after all. and if Nebraska can somehow scrape out a bowl game, what great momentum going into next year.

I am sorry for making yet another thread about this, but I had to get this off my chest.

GO BIG RED!

Mods, any clues on who hacked this account?

Joking.

On a more serious note, put aside the past coaches, the state of recruiting the last few years, the talent, excetera, and think on this:

In 2012, Michigan State was running a 4-3 quarters defense and a pro style west coast offense. They went 7-6, 3-5 in the B1G. All but one of their losses was by less than a TD, hard fought tough losses. But the coaches weren't fired. There was some grumbling in the fan base, talk about how their players weren't as talented, excetera. And the next year, in 2013, they didn't change their schemes, they tweaked them a bit, but the philosophy was the same. They didn't panic and fire their coaches. They put their faith in their players and staff.

In 2013, MSU went 13-1, 8-0 in the B1G, and had a very nice win over a good Stanford team.

Nebraska runs the ball a little tougher, and we'd look a hell of a lot like that MSU squad. And if they can break out after a bad season with tough, close losses, I'm sure that we could as well.

• Fire 3

During this fight, I've seen a lot of changing, in the way you feel about me, and in the way I feel about you. In here, there were two guys killing each other, but I guess that's better than twenty million. I guess what I'm trying to say, is that if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change!

rocky-280-3.jpg

• Fire 1

Good on you, Boneyard. +1 for sure.

It's bad when people adopt an opinion early on, dig in, and refuse to change. They can miss a lot of evidence would otherwise sway that opinion due to confirmation bias.

Glad you're on board. I find it makes life a lot more enjoyable if you just support the team and hope for the best for all involved.

• Fire 2

As you all probably know by now, with my short post count probably 96% of them are bashing Riley, the other 4% is where I randomly asked a question about Gameday being in Lincoln.

I have been anti Riley since day one of the announcement, never thought it would work out, the gasoline continued to be poured into my belief with each loss this season.........I live in Oregon and have seen Riley first hand with Oregon State, and know many people who are die hard beaver fans. I even know a few who know Riley pretty well..Nonetheless, I wish I could have them relay the message to Riley that he is far over his head here in Lincoln..

The press conferences that came out today, I, one of Riley's biggest doubters and one to lead the mutiny, was inspired. That was awesome. The players, Riley himself, I could see it in their eyes that these guys want it, and they want to turn it around. There might be locker room divide, but those who spoke today are the ones all in on Nebraska and believe in what they are doing.

I am thoroughly impressed with Riley's handling of this debacle of a season. This really is hard on anyone. I cant think of a better way for Riley to earn respect around here then to overcome this heart wrenching start to his new career and finish strong. My goodness what a good story.

And after today, I fully believe Riley can overcome this and this team/program can exit the fire and really really build from this. Seriously, what better way for a program to mold and move into a better direction then to face the adversity they are facing right now.

Give them a shot, I​ really think these guys are just one game away from breaking the barrier and doing something special.

This could end up being a special season after all. and if Nebraska can somehow scrape out a bowl game, what great momentum going into next year.

I am sorry for making yet another thread about this, but I had to get this off my chest.

GO BIG RED!

Joking.

On a more serious note, put aside the past coaches, the state of recruiting the last few years, the talent, excetera, and think on this:

In 2012, Michigan State was running a 4-3 quarters defense and a pro style west coast offense. They went 7-6, 3-5 in the B1G. All but one of their losses was by less than a TD, hard fought tough losses. But the coaches weren't fired. There was some grumbling in the fan base, talk about how their players weren't as talented, excetera. And the next year, in 2013, they didn't change their schemes, they tweaked them a bit, but the philosophy was the same. They didn't panic and fire their coaches. They put their faith in their players and staff.

In 2013, MSU went 13-1, 8-0 in the B1G, and had a very nice win over a good Stanford team.

Nebraska runs the ball a little tougher, and we'd look a hell of a lot like that MSU squad. And if they can break out after a bad season with tough, close losses, I'm sure that we could as well.

Adding a Qb who can make all the throws will make a world of difference. When MSU's Qb got in tune with his receivers their offense became whole. People say we can't have an effective passing offense in the BIG and here in Nebraska. Green Bay and MSU beg to differ. P O'Brien will be here for the 2nd semester and for practice in spring ball. Expect him to challenge for the starting role next fall. I'm behind this staff and trust they can get the players here that fit what they want to do but it won't happen over night.

• Fire 1

I was at that game, and let me tell you I have never been prouder to be a Husker fan. Something weird happened during that game. The cranky guy that was complaining about EVERYTHING left after Wiscy took the lead. The had-to-be-atleast-80-years-old Grandma two seats in front of us that came in with a walker got up (with assistance from the rail) and danced to "Let me clear my throat!" And I watched a group of players (who looked like they were on the verge of tears) take time in the tunnel to thank the fans both young and old who came to offer support as they walked back to the locker room. I think all Husker fans need to stop and look in the mirror. Both the fans who are spouting the "support Riley, or go be an Iowa fan," as well as the "we suck, fire him after 6 games" crowd need to mellow and just be a fan! Yea fandom! GO BIG RED!

• Fire 5

GO BIG RED!

Joking.

In 2012, every team that MSU lost to finished ranked, except Iowa. They had an extremely tough schedule.