Trump's America

zoogs

11 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

I smell wrongful termination lawsuit. If McCabe asked Sessions to justify his firing, you know he wouldn't have adequate grounds to prove cause. And you know people at the FBI are going to be lining up around the corner to back McCabe.

Could you imagine a former acting head of the FBI suing the U.S. Attorney General? The whole thing is pretty bizarre and Orwellian. But this is where we're at.

Sessions would have to be a seriously slimy sleazeball to actually go through with this. It's just cruel to threaten a person's pension for decades of public service like this. I wonder if he's just posturing to kiss his boss's butt.

Well, this has been confirmed over and over and over again, so I wouldn't be surprised if he goes through with it. We might have to start a GoFundMe account for McCabe.

• 2 weeks later...

Good reason why we are in the shape we are in and why we are on this dysfunctional roller coaster.

Our nation is held at the whim of an emotional toddler.  

The future of the economy, our national defense and this presidency are all in play in coming months  — and all controlled by actions President Trump is contemplating.

Be smart: We have hit peak volatility in markets and politics because of Trump’s wild mood swings. The volatility is warranted, because Trump is more isolated and more self-certain than ever.

https://www.axios.com/trump-smoke-or-trump-fire-1522767316-cb2e1bf1-3a8a-40bc-82a7-c68002590ee0.html

• He has threatened trade wars with China, Mexico and Canada. We will soon find out if this is smoke or if he truly starts the fire.
    • He has threatened war if North Korea doesn't surrender its nuclear ambitions — and just made a like-minded hawk, John Bolton, his national security adviser. We will soon find out if this was negotiating-ploy smoke, or if he would really start the fire. Insiders tell us that if his planned meeting with Kim Jong-un fails, options will be limited.
    • He has mused about getting rid of Robert Mueller, an action that several Republicans have warned would provoke an abuse of power crisis. We will soon find out if this is letting-off-steam smoke or if we truly spark this fire. 

Trump solo: Some White House aides are alarmed at Trump’s belief he can run the show alone, much like he did his real estate empire:

• He’s threatening to basically run the White House like a small business with a series of compliant VPs.
    • This, more than the other three, worries departing staffers most because it allows for bad, impulsive things to not just be said but done. 

•  
7 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I wish I liked our President enough to at least take his political decisions into account.  But he hasn't even figured out how to be a descent person yet.  Maslow's hierarchy at work, I guess.

I’m baffled about how this meets code and was allowed to be built this way. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’m baffled about how this meets code and was allowed to be built this way. 

I'll look for it, but I read an article this morning how Trump lobbied, and succeeded, against a law requiring sprinklers when it was built....

(well built building...)

On 3/12/2018 at 7:17 AM, NM11046 said:

I kinda agree - and it makes me sick.  

So from your perspective Ric, why all the increased efforts to keep the 60 minutes interview off the air by Trump's people?  Do you think (as many do) that there is something she could share that his supporters WOULD care about?  Abortion?  Kinky stuff?  Why is Stormy being handled so differently from the others (9?) who he simply said "they're lying"?  His radio silence on her is actually deafening.

My guess is because what she’s saying anout the affair is likely true. Trump is a man that will be dealing with Team Mueller soon. He needs to be careful about a perjury trap. He won’t admit the affair. He probably can’t deny it because it’s true. So he needs to try to shut it down to the extent he can and otherwise try to ignore it.

Interesting tidbit:  Guy dies in fire at Trump Tower over the weekend.  Maybe their argument was valid that it is too costly to retrofit sprinklers into older buildings and it may not have saved this guy's life - but I wonder, how do you protect the rest of the building from a fast moving fire without overall building sprinklers.  It seems it would take some time for firemen to respond.

Maybe someone wt high rise building knowledge can explain.  It just make me think of that London apartment inferno  last year. 

http://theweek.com/speedreads/766010/man-who-died-trump-tower-fire-apparently-been-trying-sell-apartment-since-trumps-election

Fire officials have not determined the cause of the blaze. Like other residential units in Trump Tower, Brassner's apartment had a smoke detector but no sprinklers — Trump and other real estate developers had lobbied New York's city council in 1999 against a proposal to retrofit older residential towers with sprinklers, arguing it would add $4 per square foot to the cost of an apartment, the Times says. Officials in then-Mayor Rudy Giuliani's administration agreed that it would be too expensive.

All I know is there is no way in hell I would live in a tall building that didn't have sprinklers. Especially not if I was paying the $ it probably costs to live at Trump Tower. I've watched enough videos about fires... and there are lots of other deaths I'd put higher on my list.