Trump and the Press

I feel sorry for Trump supporters at this point, it is just sad.

I feel sorry for liberals..especially Thomas Friedman award winner columnist from the New York Times who says garbage like this:

FRIEDMAN: I share Mikas real outrage on this issue. I dont care what he told Pence. We only care what he told Pence because Pence went out and basically mislead the public on Face the Nation. The issue is what did he tell Trump? Did he and Trump actually cook up this whole thing after the Russians did not respond harshly to the eviction of their spies and diplomats? Trump actually tweeted out some positive encouragement of this. Did the two of them cook this up all along? It gets, Joe, to two other issues. The first is we have never taken seriously from the very beginning Russia hacked our election. That was a 9/11 scale event. They attacked the core of our very democracy. That was a Pearl Harbor scale event. Can you imagine if Hillary Clinton were where Trump was, what the right would be doing on this issue? This goes to the very core of our democracy.

That's right he compared it to 9/11 and Pearl Harbor where thousands of Americans died.

That's what comparison does. It takes different situations and finds common threads.

Last night I called my Jewish roommate a dumbass. In WWII, Nazi Germany conducted a genocide of millions of Jews. By comparing the situations, there is a thing in common. They obviously are not similar on other regards, however.

Sad part is, those folks that thought he'd swoop in and save them are still brainwashed into thinking he's still going to. They're celebrating today's press conference, which just proves how out of touch and snowed they are.

That's the big problem. He's convinced so many people that his lies are the truth and everyone else's truths are lies.

You can make the same exact claim about literally every president ever.

The big problem in my eyes is that people on the left are not really doing anything to gain the votes that they need to win the next election. I didn't vote for Trump or Clinton, I am exactly the demographic that Democrats should be targeting, and as of today, I still have no incentive to vote for them.

Its as if the Dems are expecting the Trump administration to implode, which is possible, but they act as if things will be back to business as usual after that. People voted for Trump for good reason though, and so far, the logic behind not voting for Hillary still stands. The idea of the Dems building a successful campaign around nothing more than (failed) knee-jerk policies or twitter rants by Trump is a good way for the Dems to lose to Trump again. And that's just as sad and out of touch as blindly supporting Trump imo.

Certainly the Democratic party would go a long way to not fall into the trap of the Republicans over the last 8 years - ie, reactionary platforms/positions instead of being proactive, however, you can't make the same kind of claim regarding manipulation of facts, misinformation, and bald-faced lies for any past President, imo. Maybe Nixon I guess.

• Fire 1

Certainly the Democratic party would go a long way to not fall into the trap of the Republicans over the last 8 years - ie, reactionary platforms/positions instead of being proactive, however, you can't make the same kind of claim regarding manipulation of facts, misinformation, and bald-faced lies for any past President, imo. Maybe Nixon I guess.

No, you can make that claim of literally every president. Certainly to varying degrees, but that same statement and sentiment can be painted onto any past/current politician.

Obama would have us all believe that Obamacare is a good thing. Which is not true. Current dems (and maybe even a few Repubs) would want us all believe that an adjusted/improved/less-republican-tweeked version of Obamacare would be a good thing, which is not true. Obama & Bush would have us believe that the Auto and Bank bailouts were good things, not true imo.

Obama said that the Russians were a non-issue, not a major concern, and that "the Cold War is over, Mr. Romney" - not true imo. Bush had us believe that there were WMDs. Bill Clinton didn't inhale or have sexual relations. If I was older, or if I cared to look it up, I'm sure I could remember more falsehoods from any and every former president.

No, you can make that claim of literally every president. Certainly to varying degrees, but that same statement and sentiment can be painted onto any past/current politician.

Obama would have us all believe that Obamacare is a good thing. Which is not true. Current dems (and maybe even a few Repubs) would want us all believe that an adjusted/improved/less-republican-tweeked version of Obamacare would be a good thing, which is not true. Obama & Bush would have us believe that the Auto and Bank bailouts were good things, not true imo.

Obama said that the Russians were a non-issue, not a major concern, and that "the Cold War is over, Mr. Romney" - not true imo. Bush had us believe that there were WMDs. Bill Clinton didn't inhale or have sexual relations. If I was older, or if I cared to look it up, I'm sure I could remember more falsehoods from any and every former president.

20 million people who can go to the doctor instead of suffering along or dying might disagree with you.

I'll never understand why people just point blank say "Obamacare is bad." As someone in healthcare, it just doesn't compute. Most folks in the field love it and want to keep it, although we admit it needs tweaked.

All things equal, what do you believe would be a better option?

And Moiriane is correct, IMO. Comparing the way Trump vomits on the truth every single day is a disservice to any of those other presidents, even if they did lie.

• Fire 1

Obama would choose to conveniently focus on the positive aspects of Obamacare, of which there are plenty, including millions of people finally able to get health insurance. That's not a lie, but it is a biased perspective, or spin.

Trump (and his administration), on the other hand, routinely rely on unequivocally false statements. They make up non-existent terrorist attacks in Bowling Green and Atlanta. They say that more people showed up for his inauguration than Obama's when they didn't. They claim that Trump wasn't briefed on Flynn's contact with Russia. They say that this is the biggest election win since Reagan. These are lies, which has no regard for the truth; not spin, which is a variation of some kind of truth.

It's the difference between someone getting a divorce saying, "On the plus side, it hasn’t been nearly as much of a challenge balancing work and family." vs someone saying, "I don't know what you're talking about. I'm not getting divorced. I'm happily married."

• Fire 3

20 million people who can go to the doctor instead of suffering along or dying might disagree with you.

I'll never understand why people just point blank say "Obamacare is bad." As someone in healthcare, it just doesn't compute. Most folks in the field love it and want to keep it, although we admit it needs tweaked.

And Moiriane is correct, IMO. Comparing the way Trump vomits on the truth every single day is a disservice to any of those other presidents, even if they did lie.

I would say it's the wrong course for the government to take. I would call it an unfair tax and an unconstitutional tax in a lot of ways.

I would say the intention behind Obamacare is nice and well intended, but that government insurance of any sort ignores the real issues.

Yes everyone should have fair and equal access to health care, but the better option of addressing unfair costs (including unfair insurance costs, which will surely continue to rise until things addressed properly) would be to fix the value of the dollar. If a healthy currency doesn't fix the unfair costs on its own, then the government should work to make sure pharmaceutical prices are fair ($600 epi-pen comes to mind), not insure them.

Although it's well intended, 50 years from now, people are going to look back and see that programs like Obamacare only helped to nosedive the economy even further, which drive costs and expenses up, which only continues to make health care unaffordable for everyone, not just the people on Obamacare, private health insurance prices will rise too.

What I don't understand is why people think insurance is necessary at all. If the cost of health care is fair and true, and if the value of the dollar is fair and true, then what purpose does insurance serve?..... I can understand doctors like it because it probably saves them from being screwed over on payments.... I have several doctors & therapists in my family and extended family, and although I've never heard them speak against it, I have yet to hear them speak highly of it either, so I'm sure that's situational as well.

Right now we're just able to look at the number of insured vs. number uninsured several years ago - in 10 years we'll be able to track what that short time of covered healthcare did for overall outcomes and health related measures. It will be eye opening to those not in the health care field (should they choose to actually look at the data) how much impact the ACA had in a positive way. It's shameful that the GOP is looking to disband.

For how long, and after how many lives ruined, do we no longer have to keep giving Trump a chance?

Ya shame on Trump for fixing the city of Chicago of its violence death disease ridden city it has been past 8 years where Chicago native ex President Obama ignored it....

How dare that Trump

Oh, he fixed it? Give me a break. Trump hasn't accomplished a damn thing. If you're a poor white guy, in rural America (not you personally), and you voted for Trump thinking he'd swoop in and save your ass, you've got to be wondering why he's still spewing at the mouth about the electoral college over 3 months after he won the election. He doesn't give a damn about you, me, or any other American. You know it's bad when you've got Bill Maher longing for the days of G.W. Bush.

At least they dodged Puzder. That guy could've been the worst possible thing to happen to the American worker.

And, with regards to press, it seems snowflakiness runs in the family:

That after this (I'll remind you that a Sinclair reporter was one of two to get a question during a presser the other day):

From the WSJ article. FAKE NEWS!!!!

The White House official said: “It’s no secret that the President and his team have been critical of CNN’s dishonest coverage of the President both during the campaign and since his inauguration, and it’s obvious their ratings have suffered as a result. FOX on the other hand provides mostly fair, and more complete coverage of the Administration and their ratings have never been better.”

The CNN spokeswoman said, “Once again, the White House has their facts wrong. CNN’s ratings are up 50%.”

CNN’s total day ratings are up 51% so far this year among adults 25 to 54 to 264,000 viewers, on average, while Fox News’s are up 55% to 381,000 in the same demographic, according to Nielsen.

• Fire 1