• You cannot reply to this topic
57 replies to this topic

#51 teachercd

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,312 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 11:35 AM

Got a 2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i when I was 16 - got it as a lease (with my parents as co-signers) but was able to pay the whole thing myself while working in HS and college.  Eventually, I even bought the damn thing and paid it off just a few years ago!

subaru_impreza_manu_0029.jpg

Are you like...20 years old?!?!

Gotta love the PPC

#52 NUance

Legend

• Mods
  • 23,123 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 03:13 PM

1968 Pontiac Tempest that I bought for $500 when I was 15. (Yeah, 15.  Before I had a license or even a learner's permit.  lol).  It looked about like the one below, except a little more beat up and without chrome wheels or a hood scoop.     :lol:

pontiac-tempest-1968-4.jpg

Am I crazy or was that the same type of car from My Cousin Vinny?

It was a '63 Pontiac Tempest that the actual murderers drove.  The defendants were driving a '64 Buick Skylark.

And I had NOTHING to do with that crime!  

==============================================================  

Ha ha!  The only "crime" I committed in that car was when I drove out on the practice football field late one night.  I was out drinking with buddies, and we--or rather, I--cut a bunch of donuts in the practice field.  I sort of messed it up, although there wasn't much grass there to begin with.  And I almost got caught.  As we were spinning around raising clouds of dust I saw something shiny flash in my headlights.  I turned around (we were spinning), and drove over to where I'd seen it.  It was one of my hubcaps that had come off and rolled about 40 yards.  At the next practice the coach was surprisingly pissed off that someone had cut donuts in the practice field.  He thought it had been some kids from another school, a rival a few miles down the road.  I was such a bad ass.  

btw, As I look back on it, the whole beer cruising thing we all did in small town Nebraska was pretty damn stupid and irresponsible.  But gee, everyone was doing it.  :lol:

It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. But then winter came and the grasshopper died. And the octopus ate all his acorns. Also he got a race car. Is any of this getting through to you?

I donated for Childhood Apraxia.
walkforchildren2014_small.jpg

#53 Stumpy1

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 06:23 PM

68 Chevy pickup like this one.  Same color and everything.  Step brother took it coyote hunting one weekend when I was in Colorado doing a job shadow for school.  Ran it off an embankment and messed it all up.

Attached File  images.jpg   10.43KB   1 downloads

This is what he bought me as a replacement.  88 Plymouth Horizan, called it "The Tuna Can" 

Attached Files

Instead you just go around like a 4 year old who discovered that his dick is capable of pissing in places other than his pants or the toilet. - ZRod

It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth. - George Burns

#54 Enhance89

Wizard of Osborne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,997 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 06:30 PM

Got a 2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i when I was 16 - got it as a lease (with my parents as co-signers) but was able to pay the whole thing myself while working in HS and college.  Eventually, I even bought the damn thing and paid it off just a few years ago!

subaru_impreza_manu_0029.jpg

Are you like...20 years old?!?!

Your math is a bit off - it was brand new when I got it.  I'm 27. =)

fro daddy, Enhance89 & knapplc are The Trifecta of Awesomeness

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

#55 obert1

All Conference

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 06:40 PM

68 Chevy pickup like this one.  Same color and everything.  Step brother took it coyote hunting one weekend when I was in Colorado doing a job shadow for school.  Ran it off an embankment and messed it all up.

images.jpg

This is what he bought me as a replacement.  88 Plymouth Horizan, called it "The Tuna Can" 

Ouch. Not a good tradeoff

#56 ColoradoHusk

The Bobfather

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,147 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 09:03 PM

images.jpg

Coyote hunting? I can do that from my back deck. There is a coyote that strolls thru the open space behind my house. He's a skinny sucker.

#57 Nebfanatic

All American

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 03:54 PM

I had an 85 Chevy Celebrity in the year 2012. Next car was an 87 Oldsmobile. Crashed the first one gave the other one to my dad and today I am carless

#58 The Dude

Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,969 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 09:58 PM

'66 Chevelle

We had some f'ing parties.
What we need is a new center to our politics - one that defends secularism, science & free speech against their enemies on the Left & Right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users