OT Chris Bleich [Florida - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

58 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Bleich commit?

• Nebraska
    • Rutgers
    • Penn State
    • Mississippi State
    • Pittsburgh
    • UCLA

This poll is closed to new votes

So from my vantage point...which I readily admit could be obscured...

Mike Riley and the rest of Nebraska's coaches are recruiting 4 and 5* "talent" at the WR and CB spots, but signing 2 and 3 "star" talent at the OL and DL spots...

DL jury is still out. JP on only his second cycle. OL? Mostly threes/mixed in with some four stars.

This guy is plenty big for a guard or center spot (he is only a junior in high school at 6-6 305 and he looks that big). I'd prefer someone with more quickness and around 6-3 285 for inside O line, especially at his age. He could grow another inch or two and certainly add 35 lbs by adjusting his diet a few months. LOL We're gonna need 6-9 QBs to see the middle of the field somewhat.

He should gain good weight and likely cut that 40 time as he matures. He probably grew a lot in last 3 years and that won't help short term quickness but it can recover in next couple years with proper training.

Mike Riley and the rest of Nebraska's coaches are recruiting 4 and 5* "talent" at the WR and CB spots, but signing 2 and 3 "star" talent at the OL and DL spots...

Show me a single 2* we are recruiting on either side of the line?

• Fire 1

Few and far between but Chris Walker was a 2*, at least according to rivals.

Guy Thomas, Deontre Thomas, Matt Farniok, Damion Daniels, and Jalin Barnett were all four stars on at least one of the recruiting sites.
Jameis and Raridon as well off the top of my head.

I thought walker got a slight bump as soon as he signed to get him to 3*

Valid point, but Walker was also the back up to the back up plan. No dig on the kid, but it wasn't like we were actively recuriting him from day one. I am happy to have him here, I was more so annoyed with the comment that made it seem like our OL / DL coaches aren't trying to recruit the 4 and 5 star talent. We went after several last year.

2* means he was not evaluated!

2* means he was not evaluated!
That would mean every high school player is at least a 2*

Rivals rated him 5.4. "5.4-5.0 Division I prospect; considered a mid-major prospect; deemed to have limited pro potential but definite Division I prospect; may be more of a role player."

Sorry for the derail.

Scout posted a video of him doing some pass protect 1 on 1's. Seems like he has potential, but he isn't really getting depth on his kick backs to help protect the outside edge. Looked like he got beat quite a bit by some guys with good edge speed. Granted this is not in pads, but still worth noting. Luckily it doesn't seem like it's an athleticism issue and is more of technique. His foot speed was good, just seemed to lunge and get off balance. He's not a guy who is going to get over powered. Another year of high school and camps will probably help with a bit more polish, but is something that will need a quite a bit of fine tuning when he gets to whatever campus he choses. Not bad going into his senior year of HS though. Definitely would be a good pick up for us in this small class and at a position that needs depth.

• Fire 2

Wiltfong expects this to get wrapped up within a month.

Hopefully when he commits his rating does not go down. Regardless, this guy might need a year to get acclimated to the system and work on technique before he battles out there.

Is it one and done for lineman or are we looking for two more possibly?

• Mavric changed the title to OT Chris Bleich [Florida Commit]