Nebraska Pro Day - March 14th

Tommy was performing as a TE, not a WR

Oh my. This would not be pretty to watch. TE? You have to wonder was this his idea?!??

Why would that be so bad?

Guessing because most TEs are taller and have played TE.

Pretty much this. I just don't see Tommy holding a block or setting the edge against an NFL defensive linemen. Stupified that he picked TE to try to make it into the NFL with. Even wide receiver seems more logical. Best of luck...

Oh my. This would not be pretty to watch. TE? You have to wonder was this his idea?!??

Pretty much this. I just don't see Tommy holding a block or setting the edge against an NFL defensive linemen. Stupified that he picked TE to try to make it into the NFL with. Even wide receiver seems more logical. Best of luck...

Do we know for sure that TA is trying to make it as a TE? From everything that has been reported by the OWH and LJS, he did drills as a WR yesterday, and he has slimmed down to 215. If he was trying to make it as a TE, he would have bulked up from his college playing weight. Just because Cotton was doing work with TA yesterday, doesn't mean TA is working out at as a TE. It seems like there is just one guy (Husker2019) saying that TA was working out as a TE.

"Most" is a key word in that sentence.

And...to the last part of your comment. So, because he has only played QB, he won't be able to perform well at any other position?

Last year he was listed on the roster at 6'01" and 220 lbs.

Niles Paul is listed on line at 6'01" and 225 lbs. (Washington Redskins TE)

This is true but Niles was a lot stronger (24 reps) and played WR

That's fine. But, there are other examples of college QBs going to the NFL and getting on rosters and playing at different positions that are more physical.

I'm not claiming he is going to be great at TE in the NFL. But, to count him out at this point, I believe, is premature.

Just because I was playing devil's advocate and giving Tommy a glimmer of hope in my mind, I don't think he is a NFL player. Could have been with more development at the college level at a position like RB or LB maybe WR but he has more of a galloping style of run imo that translates better to running back than reciever

I'm gonna say this again. Is there anyone besides Husker2019 that has said Armstrong is working out to be a TE in the NFL? From everything I have seen, he's trying to make it as a WR. I understand that he could transition to a TE like Niles Paul, but I think his best shot would be at WR.

I should specify, I don't think he was doing the TE/OL drills, but in passing drills I'm pretty sure I saw he was going to line up as a TE

Brandt took note of Armstrong running his 40-yard dash in 4.55 and 4.59 seconds, his 37½-inch vertical jump and a 6.76 timing in his three-cone drill Tuesday. Brandt annually recaps many pro days for the NFL through information from scouts in attendance.

Armstrong has worked at receiver and mentioned he would be open to giving running back a shot, but Brandt also mentioned safety for the 6-foot, 216-pounder. After his workout on Tuesday, Armstrong said that “I guess you can tag me as an athlete going forward.”

OWH