Now that we went to a 3-4 defense will we beat the badgers moving forward?

This has probably been brought up, but I have not seen it as a main topic. Forgive me if it has. I have been buried at work.

Article below:

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/football/husker-offensive-line-veterans-adjusting-to-life-with-new-qb/article_26e3f514-2b90-510a-96bc-196f830af9f4.html

I think this can only help out our offense becoming more attuned when playing against the 3-4 aka the badgers. Practicing against our ones in a 3-4 alignment will give us a lot of pregame preparation IMO. I really think we have an excellent chance at beating them this year especially here at home this year. GBR!

• Fire 1

In all seriousness... We have had trouble finding dominant front 7 players the past couple years. We have, however, had an easier time finding LBs over DLs. However, w/ a 3 man line, it seems the DLs need to be more specialized; I'm confident Diaco can find guys with the right build and mold them into proper starters.

3-4 can only help us beat Wisc, as I cant see us performing worse defensively against the badgers.

No, if the sole reason we beat them will be because of a 3-4 defense?

Last year our D played well against them.

Plus, they get to practice against a 3-4 defense all year long. So that alone doesn't make a difference for us.

Now Diaco as the coordinator of that defense? Possibly.

Now our offense gets to practice against it, too, so it should help our offense out
  • Fire 1

Plus, they get to practice against a 3-4 defense all year long. So that alone doesn't make a difference for us.

We beat them if we stop the run, which is the reason we lost last year. You cannot give up 200 something yards on the ground and expect to win any game.
  • Fire 2

Eh, I'm not sure our defense played all that well. We held them to 23 points but that probably said more about their offense - or lack thereof - than our defense.

We gave up 223 yards rushing. And over half of that was to a guy who came to campus as a walk-on defensive back.

• Fire 1

Eh, I'm not sure our defense played all that well. We held them to 23 points but that probably said more about their offense - or lack thereof

That's what I've been saying about Wisconsin - people have been overlooking just how bad their offense was last year. Can their defense - now lead by a guy that's only been a coach for one single season - bail them out again?

Eh, I'm not sure our defense played all that well. We held them to 23 points but that probably said more about their offense - or lack thereof - than our defense.

We gave up 223 yards rushing. And over half of that was to a guy who came to campus as a walk-on defensive back.

I don't entirely disagree with this, but at the same time, our defense did essentially as well if not better than LSU, MSU, OSU, and PSU's defense did against Wisconsin.

Eh, I'm not sure our defense played all that well. We held them to 23 points but that probably said more about their offense - or lack thereof

That's what I've been saying about Wisconsin - people have been overlooking just how bad their offense was last year. Can their defense - now lead by a guy that's only been a coach for one single season - bail them out again?
Huge gamble on their part imo. They must really believe in him though, maybe just tired of losing DC's