** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

7 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

.....should we tell him? 

I dunno. If he visits this thread and sees his twitter post, isn't that kinda like dividing by zero?

6 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I see our resident expert of this thread has moved on from Adam Rittenberg to Matt Davison as being "the most solid source" for all things related to Scott Frost.

So...progress? :dunno

Edited by VectorVictor
  • Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I see our resident expert of this thread has moved on from Adam Rittenberg to Matt Davison as being "the most solid source" for all things related to Scott Frost.

Funny cause a couple days ago, Davison only talked with emotion and frustration. He didn't really know what he was talking about... or so some say.

• Plus1 1

I have not read every post, so apologies if this question has come up before:
How do you think a hire of Scott Frost (and Company) would affect this year's recruiting class. Don't you think that almost **anybody** previously looking at Nebraska would see Scott Frost as an even better reason to come here? In other words, would we lose anybody (unless Frost's team didn't think they were a good fit). On the flip side, are there any good recruits that Frost & Co. might convince to leave Florida and come with them from their list of recruits, that were not on Nebraska's radar?

48 minutes ago, Bornhusker said:

That is also very arrogant! He is not supposed to be talking to any teams at this point. UCF would not give permission while the season is still going.

I only asked questions as I wasn’t sure what the original poster had in mind? 

I really doubt Scott is doing anything but keeping his team motivated and limiting distractions. 

1 hour ago, epocSoN said:

Final predictions

Gruden to Tenn

Frost to Neb

Kelly to Florida.

Gruden is out of the picture now for TN. They gave a strong push to try and get him this week but didn't work. He doesn't want to coach college football. 

Mullen to TN

Frost to NE

Kelly to FL

35 minutes ago, Football Guy Bob said:

To expand on this:

Sean Callahan contacted a Tennessee rivals guy who seems to think Frost is going to Nebraska.  Marcus Mariota, who plays in Tennessee, has said the same.  Mariota also said it was common knowledge while at Oregon that Frost loved Nebraska and it was his “dream job”.

Callahan said Texas A&M would worry him if it opened up.  But their writers have not heard Frost mentioned at all in their circles.  They are mainly looking at a “established P5 coach”.

A&M would be an attractive job, but I agree with others that his name isn't coming up as one of their targets at all right now. They will be looking to land a Jimbo Fisher type. 

2 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

Matt Davison is doing his friend a solid when it comes to negotiating a bigger offer,  by saying he doesn't think he's coming. 

Trolling to get a reaction out of people. Not cool. 

3 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

How do you think a hire of Scott Frost (and Company) would affect this year's recruiting class. Don't you think that almost **anybody** previously looking at Nebraska would see Scott Frost as an even better reason to come here? In other words, would we lose anybody (unless Frost's team didn't think they were a good fit). On the flip side, are there any good recruits that Frost & Co. might convince to leave Florida and come with them from their list of recruits, that were not on Nebraska's radar?

Good question.  Scott's offensive and defensive schemes may not fit for some recruits so I could see us losing a couple and then gaining a couple.  I'm guessing we have a hard time pulling any big name recruits away from the Florida area... anyone he has committed is likely committed due to the proximity to home, and climate.  I am not aware of any cross country big names he has verbals from right now.  

7 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

HOL addressed this today.  They asked recruits what they think of a possible coaching change and what they think of scott frost.  Many kept quiet and didn't respond, but the ones that did generally said they were still huskers and we going to see it through and evaluate as changes are made.  Most were positive and still enthusiastic about being a Husker, despite Riley moving on.  One even said a Husker coach told them that Riley would most likely be let go at the end of the season.

4 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Provide a source for that, because everything I have seen, does not have Matt quoted as saying that.

I should have added "if he said it". I'm not the person who originally put the quote out there. I'm only saying that IF he said it, it doesn't necessarily reflect reality.