The Fundamental Nebraska Problem With Trying To Do A BIackout

knapplc

On 10/23/2017 at 1:48 PM, knapplc said:

DING!DING!DING!

We have a winner. 

Nebraska, demographically, is 86% white. Pale skin washes out the black gear.  Even if we got the university involved and handed out free shirts, we'd still have a half washed-out stadium.  No matter what we do, we'll never have the look we're interested in. 

I'm sorry but that is crap.  I have seen plenty of schools do a great b*******.  Iowa does one every year and it usually looks great.Cover Photo, No automatic alt text available.

You can't tell me that Nebraksa is any whiter than Iowa and those black stripes are solid.  The problem with Nebraska doing a b******* is there are too many people like my family who wear red because to do anything else to a Nebraska game just isn't done in their opinion.  There is no way they are going to change what they have been doing for 40+ years.  I just laugh.

It's hard to find a photo from a blackout that hasn't been altered that looks like any of those photos. White people have white faces, pale hands & arms, and it washes out the black clothes. If you see one that has this really neat black shadow effect, odds are really good it's been shopped. Pro photographers do that because their job is to sell visually appealing images.  It's not cheating, it's enhancing. Like a beautiful woman putting on makeup. 

I mean, this is not NOT part of the problem.  Caven's right about this, and we've seen it in this very thread.  It's just part of the problem, not the whole problem.

33 minutes ago, Caven said:

The problem with Nebraska doing a b******* is there are too many people like my family who wear red because to do anything else to a Nebraska game just isn't done in their opinion. 

Edited by knapplc
On 10/23/2017 at 1:48 PM, knapplc said:

DING!DING!DING!

We have a winner. 

Nebraska, demographically, is 86% white. Pale skin washes out the black gear.  Even if we got the university involved and handed out free shirts, we'd still have a half washed-out stadium.  No matter what we do, we'll never have the look we're interested in. 

That b.s.  Iowa Hawkeyes do a b******* amazingly and you are telling me there is way more black peoples in Iowa than in Nebraska? Umm... no. 

The key to doing any of this sort of stuff is to PLAN AHEAD.  Put it LITERALLY on the CALENDAR the school sends to the season ticket holders.  Print it ON THE TICKETS.  Publicize it up the wazzou.  That's what these other schools do... not try 3 days ahead of time to do something complicated.  That's a recipe for failure.

• Plus1 1