Penn State Post-Game Pressers

Mavric

4 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

Did anyone find out which member of the media asked Riley about the Scott Frost rumors?  That person has some stones.  Not a lot of tact, common sense or professionalism, but some serious stones.

Someone said it was a HailVarsity writer. Very unprofessional, he also asked Riley if he’d fire himself.

• Plus1 1

16 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I remember a number of comeback wins in the Pelini era. In 2009, NU game back against Missouri in the rain with all those 4th quarter points.  In 2012 alone, NU went on a 6 game winning streak to capture the division title, and that includes huge comeback wins over Northwestern and Michigan State.  I’m sure I’m missing some others, but I’m drinking some whiskey and can’t quite remember right now. 

Wasn't the biggest comeback in Nebraska a Bo team against ohio state? Bo also had a comeback against Michigan when Dennard got hurt.

53 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

It does bother me how Riley shows absolutely no fire in his pressers. Where is the passion? Where is the competitiveness? What does this tell his players?

It is easy to be nice when you do not mind losing.

7 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I was wondering the same thing?  This can't possibly be referencing yesterday could it?

Ironically, they did the same thing Oregon did.  After slaughtering this team, they took their foot off the gas and allowed the outcome to look like, to some, something it wasn't.

Huskers have proved they are occasionally decent went down 30+ against a soft D and a conservative O.  Awesome.  Let's build on that.

If we could only convince our opponent to start the game with their 3rd string players.

• Plus1 1
On 11/18/2017 at 8:19 PM, Mavric said:

The guy starts out joking and smiling.   Says he is proud of team and coaches to 'staying in it and scoring some points in the second half'.  This after PSU took the foot off of the pedal.

He seems like a guy who is accustomed to getting beat and getting beat badly.  No wonder the players play the way they do.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

The guy starts out joking and smiling.   Says he is proud of team and coaches to 'staying in it and scoring some points in the second half'.  This after PSU took the foot off of the pedal.

He seems like a guy who is accustomed to getting beat and getting beat badly.  No wonder the players play the way they do.

Ehhhh, I'd say it's more that Riley is the eternal optimist that is always going to try and spin things in a positive light.  An old management axiom is "Praise in public, coach/correct in private".  We all assume that Riley is going to be gone and I'd be quite surprised if Riley didn't at least have an inkling as well.  When you know that the pressure is off, folks tend to let their natural personality out and Riley has always had a generally sunny disposition.

For all the grief the reporter who asked Riley the question about Scott Frost is getting, it's amazing that we have this polar opposite side of the fan base who has absolutely no problem trashing and making ridiculous disparaging comments about Riley simply because he didn't win enough football games to please them.

I understand not being happy with the Riley Era at Nebraska. But these comments reflect really poorly on the people making them.

11 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Ehhhh, I'd say it's more that Riley is the eternal optimist that is always going to try and spin things in a positive light.  An old management axiom is "Praise in public, coach/correct in private".  We all assume that Riley is going to be gone and I'd be quite surprised if Riley didn't at least have an inkling as well.  When you know that the pressure is off, folks tend to let their natural personality out and Riley has always had a generally sunny disposition.

Good points X.  I thought of that after I posted that and I didn't need to be harsh. At first I was surprised by the so calm reaction to a bad loss.  But as I thought more about it - he probably knows he is leaving, the pressure is off, so just being himself - a pretty casual guy - not intense.  And as you note MR is generally a sunny guy.  So, I stand corrected in that I reacted instead of just thinking it through. I do think MR is a good guy and a man of character - which is a better standard than a single game or his total W-L. He can still have a positive influence on the players by how he reacts to the situation he finds himself in. 

Edited by TGHusker
1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Good points X.  I thought of that after I posted that and I didn't need to be harsh. At first I was surprised by the so calm reaction to a bad loss.  But as I thought more about it - he probably knows he is leaving, the pressure is off, so just being himself - a pretty casual guy - not intense.  And as you note MR is generally a sunny guy.  So, I stand corrected in that I reacted instead of just thinking it through. I do think MR is a good guy and a man of character - which is a better standard than a single game or his total W-L. He can still have a positive influence on the players by how he reacts to the situation he finds himself in. 

Agreed.  Cheers mate.

23 hours ago, man eating mastodon said:

Derek Peterson is the ass wipe that asked the question.one homely dude.kinda looks like Larry Enticer without the mullet or denim jacket

I would replace the word wipe and enter HOLE. I don't care how bad it is working out with Riley, I would still like to pop the guy in the mouth for being a ******** and asking the question just Like Dick did to Bo. It's just not right.