***********UCF vs. Memphis Gameday Thread**************

Just now, NWHuskerfan said:

It should anyone coming out of the Oregon Chip Kelly Coaching tree is suspect with Defense.  I always thought Oregon's Defensive strategy was for their Offense to score more points.  They never won a national title because their defense was awful.  I see the same product with UCF. 

I love how not winning a national championship is used to degrade Oregon under Kelly and Helfrich. 

Just now, NWHuskerfan said:

It should anyone coming out of the Oregon Chip Kelly Coaching tree is suspect with Defense.  I always thought Oregon's Defensive strategy was for their Offense to score more points.  They never won a national title because their defense was awful.  I see the same product with UCF. 

100% agree which is why I am hoping Frost does not bring Chinander with him

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

I love how not winning a national championship is used to degrade Oregon under Kelly and Helfrich. 

Understanable but let's be honest with ourselves, they had the talent to demolish everyone..the only thing missing was proper defensive coaching/scheme, so I consider it a valid point.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

And they came within 1 game of winning it twice.  

Exactly, and with a solid defensive scheme and coaching they would have won it twice.  Not going to ever say Oregon wasn't a beast those  years, they were, just stating the facts. I respect what they did there, just think with some defense they would have been 95 Nebraska'esque.

Edited by HIHusker