Under the Radar Things You're Still Salty About

55 minutes ago, ADS said:

Not a particular play but the whole sequence at the end of the 2009 VT game still pisses me off.

I don't care how many INTs O'Hanlon had against OU, that's still his defining moment in program history. 

Edited by Cdog923
  • Plus1 1

The no call fumble in the FSU 93 championship game.  That game had 2 horrific calls - the before mentioned non-clip against us and the no call fumble that led to the FSU TD.

All of those mentioned previously -- I'm chapped by them all.

These aren't referee issues but they still chap me:

Sooner Magic

Another fumble - our fumble crossing the goal line against Texas - our only loss in 99 and which probably cost us a NC as I believe we would have beat either VT or FSU that year(which I would have loved that revenge for the 93 championship game).

The tipped pass in the going for 2 moment in the 83 championship game. 

Anything related to Sooner Magic.

The drop catch by WR in 2005 I believe in the loss to texas - we had the game won and our WR caught the ball and instead of going down tried to get more yards and fumbled- was it WR Nunn??

QB Lord throwing an interception into the end zone in I believe 2003  at end of the game when all we needed was a field goal

Sooner Magic and Barry Switzer's face

BC going for it 4th and a mile instead of punting towards the end of the 1st half (not end of game mind you) against Clemson in the bowl game.

Having to play OU in the Orange bowl after beating them a few weeks before in 1978.  This poured salt in the wound of being surprisingly beaten by Missouri the week after we beat OU. It cost us the NC.  Then the Orange bowl does the rematch.  How deflating is that.   (Put in spite of sooner magic - I would love to have them in our division again)

Outlawing the Fumbleruski 

Hiring MR and BC and 2 idiot ADs.

Tommie Frazier not getting the Heisman

Nat'l Press picking UF over NU in 95 Fiesta bowl NC game- boy did we prove them wrong.

Michigan thinking they would have beat us in 97 and us having to share the title with them

Anything Texas : already mentioned in other posts and anything they do in the future.

Edited by TGHusker
  • Plus1 4

2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

The no call fumble in the FSU 93 championship game.  That game had 2 horrific calls - the before mentioned non-clip against us and the no call fumble that led to the FSU TD.

Sooner Magic

Another fumble - our fumble crossing the goal line against Texas - our only loss in 99 and which probably cost us a NC as I believe we would have beat either VT or FSU that year(which I would have loved that revenge for the 93 championship game).

The drop catch by WR in 2005 I believe in the loss to texas - we had the game won and our WR caught the ball and instead of going down tried to get more yards and fumbled- was it WR Nunn??

QB Lord throwing an interception into the end zone in I believe 2003  at end of the game when all we needed was a field goal

BC going for it 4th and a mile instead of punting towards the end of the 1st half (not end of game mind you) against Clemson in the bowl game.

Having to play OU in the Orange bowl after beating them a few weeks before in 1978.  This poured salt in the wound of being surprisingly beaten by Missouri the week after we beat OU. It cost us the NC.  Then the Orange bowl does the rematch.  How deflating is that.   (Put in spite of sooner magic - I would love to have them in our division again)

Nat'l Press picking UF over NU in 95 Fiesta bowl NC game- boy did we prove them wrong.

Michigan thinking they would have beat us in 97 and us having to share the title with them

Anything Texas : already mentioned in other posts and anything they do in the future.

That '05 game was against Texas Tech. They had that game won on a batted pass that was intercepted by Le Kevin Smith. That was ridiculous.

Another was Niles Paul fumbling the ball with no one around. He at least would've had a 1st and goal.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Sooner Magic

Nunn fumble was in 2006.  Lord’s pick was in 2002.

2 minutes ago, Treand3 said:

That '05 game was against Texas Tech. They had that game won on a batted pass that was intercepted by Le Kevin Smith. That was ridiculous.

Another was Niles Paul fumbling the ball with no one around. He at least would've had a 1st and goal.

I remember the Paul fumble all to well - wide open. 

1 minute ago, OH HSKR FAN said:

Nunn fumble was in 2006.  Lord’s pick was in 2002.

thanks - I've slept since then - a little bit.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

I remember the Paul fumble all to well - wide open. 

That was out of control.

Another is Adi Kunalic's kickoff that went out of bounds, followed by Asante' s panicked horse collar, all which put Texas in FG range.

• Plus1 3

38 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

James Brown's throw on 4th and whatever deep on their side of the field. I was still pretty young so that game was heartbreaking.

Good one or should I say a bad memory but good that you mentioned that.  I sometimes wonder if texas somehow spiked our team's food - since half the team got sick before the game yes I know - kind of conspiracy thinking here but would it ever surprise you if texas had done it :ahhhhhhhh

This was kind of like salt in the wound too - NU was the Big 8 headliner at the time and we had saved the SW conference so to speak  by including their 'big 4' them into OUR conference AND with rules that other Big 8 teams had voted on against us and in favor of texas.  

So here is another thing that chaps me:  THE BIG 8 BAILING OUT THE FALTERING, TEXAS LEADING SW CONFERENCE ESPECIALLY AT THE EXPENSE OF NU.  AND YES I'M YELLING!:D