Michelle Wolf's roast of Sarah Huckabee Sanders

Wouldn't have thought the White House Correspondents Dinner would have knocked the Korea news off the front page, but this is the world we live in today.

Comedian Michelle Wolf, as is customary at the dinner, roasted some of the guests.  Her jokes about Sarah Huckabee Sanders drew the most notice.

Michelle Wolf’s Routine Sets Off a Furor at an Annual Washington Dinner

Ms. Wolf described Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the White House press secretary, as “an Uncle Tom but for white women who disappoint other white women” and took a shot at her “smokey eye” makeup, saying that it was made from the ashes of “burnt facts.” She called Ivanka Trump “as helpful to women as an empty box of tampons.” She labeled Kellyanne Conway, the president’s counselor, an inveterate liar, and asked: “If a tree falls in the woods, how do we get Kellyanne under that tree?”

“I’m not suggesting she get hurt, just stuck,” Ms. Wolf added, puckishly, as an icy silence — and a few scattered chortles — fell over the black-tie crowd here. Ms. Conway sat expressionlessly. Ms. Sanders, granted a seat of honor on the dais, limited her reaction to an arched eyebrow and pursed lips.

It was an earthy performance by Correspondents’ dinner standards, if nothing out of place in an average comedy club. But feedback from the political left and right quickly leapt to extremes.

“It was personally offensive,” Brian Kilmeade, a co-host of “Fox & Friends,” said in the ballroom, minutes after Ms. Wolf ended her set.

• Plus1 1

A comedian pokes fun and calls people names and Fox’n’Friends is offended.  The president does it and it “just the way he is...”

Decency is all but gone in the political and entertainment world. Excuse me if I don’t take their new-found conscience seriously.  

• Plus1 3

She was too politically correct - no wait ... She said what she really means - no wait.... She talks off the top of her head. - no wait ...

Mexicans are rapists.  Women bleed from wherever.   John McCain is a coward. Oprah Winfrey is very insecure. Ted Cruz’s dad assasinated Kennedy. Comey’s a leaker. Meryl Streep is one of the most overrated actresses in hollywood.  Katie Couric is a third rate reporter.  Sleepy eyed Chuck Todd. Amazon is a no profit company. Anderson Cooper is a waste. Jeb Bush is low energy.  Snoop Dog has a failing career. Hillary Clinton has no strength or stamina. Ruth Bader Ginsburgs mind is shot. LaVar Bell is a poor mans version of Don King.  Mika was bleeding from the face after a bad face lift. Grab them by the pu$$y.  

She burns facts then uses the ash to create the perfect smokey eye.  

• Plus1 4

1 hour ago, NM11046 said:

She was too politically correct - no wait ... She said what she really means - no wait.... She talks off the top of her head. - no wait ...

Mexicans are rapists.  Women bleed from wherever.   John McCain is a coward. Oprah Winfrey is very insecure. Ted Cruz’s dad assasinated Kennedy. Comey’s a leaker. Meryl Streep is one of the most overrated actresses in hollywood.  Katie Couric is a third rate reporter.  Sleepy eyed Chuck Todd. Amazon is a no profit company. Anderson Cooper is a waste. Jeb Bush is low energy.  Snoop Dog has a failing career. Hillary Clinton has no strength or stamina. Ruth Bader Ginsburgs mind is shot. LaVar Bell is a poor mans version of Don King.  Mika was bleeding from the face after a bad face lift. Grab them by the pu$$y.  

She burns facts then uses the ash to create the perfect smokey eye.  

Exactly.  Huckabee, Trump, and the goons who bend over backward to defend and excuse all the horrible, awful sh** Trump and his minions say...

But those on the right get offended and triggered by a burnt facts and smokey eye makeup joke. 

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Exactly.  Huckabee, Trump, and the goons who bend over backward to defend and excuse all the horrible, awful sh** Trump and his minions say...

But those on the right get offended and triggered by a burnt facts and smokey eye makeup joke. 

It isn't even a right/left thing...it is an a-hole thing.  You either are funny (this lady was funny at times) or you are not...and you either can take a joke or you can't.  a$$hole$ are offended by everything, it doesn't matter their views on political topics.  

We all have that one friend in our group that can't take a joke...that can't laugh at themselves or certain topics and it is always like walking on eggshells when they are around.  

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, teachercd said:

It isn't even a right/left thing...it is an a-hole thing.  You either are funny (this lady was funny at times) or you are not...and you either can take a joke or you can't.  a$$hole$ are offended by everything, it doesn't matter their views on political topics.  

We all have that one friend in our group that can't take a joke...that can't laugh at themselves or certain topics and it is always like walking on eggshells when they are around.  

That friend is still in your group? I offended and ran them all off years ago. Of course, I only have a few friends now...

Ouch that's the first time i've heard that roast. I cant stand Sanders, or any of Trumps crew , but that routine  wasn't funny to me. Colbert, Seth Myers, SNL , John Oliver etc have all done a better job of making this daily, Trump administration  crap show funny. IMO  

49 minutes ago, Big Red 40 said:

Ouch that's the first time i've heard that roast. I cant stand Sanders, or any of Trumps crew , but that routine  wasn't funny to me. Colbert, Seth Myers, SNL , John Oliver etc have all done a better job of making this daily, Trump administration  crap show funny. IMO  

I didn't find it funny either (I've only listened to the Sanders part) but it also wasn't sexist.

• Plus1 1