Memorial Stadium Renovation

3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It was a simpler time. First Reagan administration. 

Heck….back then there was a bar downtown that about an hour before game time would start selling bottles of whiskey to tuck in your pocket to take to the game. Venders would walk up and down the stadium selling glasses of pop to mix it with. 

I can’t remember the last time I saw someone take out a bottle to mix or take a swig at the game. 

Sad. 

22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Heck….back then there was a bar downtown that about an hour before game time would start selling bottles of whiskey to tuck in your pocket to take to the game. Venders would walk up and down the stadium selling glasses of pop to mix it with. 

I can’t remember the last time I saw someone take out a bottle to mix or take a swig at the game. 

Sad. 

This country has lost its way. 

• Haha 1

Me and my friends "sneak" in 3-4 shooters each.  

I have heard stories about filling up like a canteen pouch with booze and just passing it around and of course, it was okay.

My first Husker game was like 100 degrees and these dudes that were rushing me brought in a full (warm) bottle of hot 100.  

• Plus1 1

47 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Me and my friends "sneak" in 3-4 shooters each.  

I have heard stories about filling up like a canteen pouch with booze and just passing it around and of course, it was okay.

My first Husker game was like 100 degrees and these dudes that were rushing me brought in a full (warm) bottle of hot 100.  

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/coghlans-bota-bag?ds_e=GOOGLE&ds_c=Cabelas|Shopping|PMax|Camping|General|NAud|NVol|NMT&&&&&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw-eKpBhAbEiwAqFL0mvoQRy-xiUOS0WDl9YD4i1SIOx0Hnzxy8eF54XvbqwoudXSlHd0W-BoCtycQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

On 10/25/2023 at 8:15 PM, Mavric said:

there-it.gif

Good to hear, finally. :thumbs Shoulda happened about 30-40 years ago. 

Better to do something smart eventually than it is to not do anything at all, and just squint into the sun. Pretty sure the players will love the shade in September and October too.  

11 hours ago, admo said:

Good to hear, finally. :thumbs Shoulda happened about 30-40 years ago. 

Better to do something smart eventually than it is to not do anything at all, and just squint into the sun. Pretty sure the players will love the shade in September and October too.  

He also mentioned in that interview that he believes the reason Nebraska has been on that side was because of roster sizes in the 70s and 80s.  When you have 180 players suited up, you need the room.

For the old timers, as Nebraska always been on the East side, or did they move over there at some point in the 50s, 60s, 70s?

3 hours ago, soup said:

He also mentioned in that interview that he believes the reason Nebraska has been on that side was because of roster sizes in the 70s and 80s.  When you have 180 players suited up, you need the room.

For the old timers, as Nebraska always been on the East side, or did they move over there at some point in the 50s, 60s, 70s?

But..... isn't the west side more roomy? How does that make any sense?