***The Nebraska Defense - Blackshirts 2023***

1 minute ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

one. Rutgers has played Northwestern and VA tech.  Ohio st played IU and syracuse just played Purdue. Clemson played Duke. Iowa st played Iowa.  Not a lot of good teams on that list of Power 5 teams

Interesting.

I did research that the Black Shirts have kept every opponent so far under their season average in points and yards.

La Tech is averaging 406 yards and 31 points.

I REALLY hope they continue the trend....in a big way this week.

• TBH 1
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Interesting.

I did research that the Black Shirts have kept every opponent so far under their season average in points and yards.

I kinda liked one of the comments Rhule made about playing a little tighter on pass coverages so they aren't just giving up all the underneath stuff.  Take away a couple longer plays and most of the completions they are giving up seem to come around 8-10 yards.  NIU did them a favor and dropped about 20 passes.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Interesting.

I can almost guarantee we will. FIU, North Texas, and Northwestern State are really bad defense, and against SMU they had 269 yards and 14 points. That SMU defense actually looks really good, they held Oklahoma to 365 yards.

But in any case, I think goals of under 300 yards and under 17 points are achievable - it's a good offense, but those numbers are middle of the pack so far because of the early season schedules. 17 teams are averaging 500+ yards per game, and 24 are averaging 40+ points per game.

• Thanks 1