2023 Fall Camp Notes - Wide Receivers and Tight Ends

1 hour ago, Pedro G said:

I know some think in the media that Kemp will be the workhorse. I see him as a possession receiver more than a home-run threat. Yes he is supposed to be shifty and quick, but I believe I read his longest play from scrimmage is only 33 yards. Not a put down by any means, but he is definitely someone to find and throw to on third and long. I expect he will be productive. 

Just from what I saw in the spring game they are gonna try to find ways to get him open underneath.  If he averages 10 yards a catch I'm fine with that because that's a first down.  If we plan on running like they say we are gonna have a lot of 3rd downs so he can still be plenty productive as a possession receiver 

I think Rhule finishes out the current class with a couple / three more quality guys. I think he starts filling the 25s but assuming he finds a way to 6-9 wins this fall he will load that group too.  His receivers look great to me.  I think many are gonna be shocked at the improvement of the team overall. 

Effect:   With 13 months of his arrival, he will have transformed the roster - with quality players across all positions.  He will be at least 2 deep with winning caliber players that are relatively young and gaining experience with good developmental prospects.  By year 3, he will have made Neb FB respected and nobody will look past them. Some teams will fear us.  

I was fairly happy with his hire (thot he was the best we could get).  Now, I’m very impressed.  He is doing well.  X&O coaching is very important to me as I love the strategy and gamesmanship of the game coaches.  We know very little firsthand on this. But, seemingly from outside looking in, he is doing GREAT things.  I grade him a 9.0 out of 10 so far.  If he coaches on the field as he does everything else, he could get a 9.8 !!  That’s TO territory. A long way to go but he is RED hot so far.   GBR. 

• Oh Yeah! 2
15 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

Is it me or does it seem that Marcus Washington hasn't really been brought up all spring? You'd think there would be more discussion given he is by far our leading receiver coming back from last year...

Rumor that Washington has been suspended, and possibly one other player...

2 hours ago, Caliborn72 said:

I'll be surprised if Fleeks ever sees a snap.  He has been injured the past 2 years, had season ending injuries in each year (saw limited action in 3 games last year).

And he was brought here by Rhule/McGuire as a character/locker room guy, but then he shows up to fall camp not in shape.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 3
5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I'll be surprised if Fleeks every sees a snap.  He has been injured the past 2 years, had season ending injuries in each year (saw limited action in 3 games last year).

And he was brought here by Rhule/McGuire as a character/locker room guy, but then he shows up to fall camp not in shape.

Very disappointing.