Poll - How Many Wins - 2023 Season

2023 Win Total  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

I have been hopeful for 7-5, but the presser last Saturday dropped me to 5-7.  Rhule said missed field goals and poor offensive procedures which means we're plagued with the same issues of the last half decade. Therefore, I expect a repeat of those years.

I think we're finding our way out of the woods, but we have been hiking in the wrong direction for a long time. It'll take more than one offseason to navigate back out. No bowl this year is my bet, but things are pointing up in 2024.

10 hours ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

I have been hopeful for 7-5, but the presser last Saturday dropped me to 5-7.  Rhule said missed field goals and poor offensive procedures which means we're plagued with the same issues of the last half decade. Therefore, I expect a repeat of those years.

IDK, hearing Rhule say that in a presser would cause me to raise my expectations. He acknowledged a problem and we can assume the team is working hard to correct those things. Much better than Frost blowing smoke about the best practice to date and then finding new ways to underperform. It’s better to know you have issues than pretend that you don’t.

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

IDK, hearing Rhule say that in a presser would cause me to raise my expectations. He acknowledged a problem and we can assume the team is working hard to correct those things. Much better than Frost blowing smoke about the best practice to date and then finding new ways to underperform. It’s better to know you have issues than pretend that you don’t.

It does cause me to be hopeful for the long term of the Rhule era, it does not make me feel good for 2 weeks from now.

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, teachercd said:

How can some pick a losing record?

9 wins.

There will only be one game where NU is a double digit dog.

None of the teams they play, with the exception of Michigan (and they are really not all that explosive) have a good offense, all the games will be close.

How would you describe the Nebraska team's strengths and weaknesses? 

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

How would you describe the Nebraska team's strengths and weaknesses? 

Pretty much exactly like every other team in the west… A pretty weak off fence and a pretty lame defense. Remember people thought Iowa had this bonded defense last year in Nebraska could’ve picked their score in that game. Illinois was supposed to have this amazing defense in Nebraska did just fine against them… These teams in the west, are all the same with the exception of Northwestern this year who is going to be brutal. 

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Pretty much exactly like every other team in the west… A pretty weak off fence and a pretty lame defense. Remember people thought Iowa had this bonded defense last year in Nebraska could’ve picked their score in that game. Illinois was supposed to have this amazing defense in Nebraska did just fine against them… These teams in the west, are all the same with the exception of Northwestern this year who is going to be brutal. 

So what makes you so confident about 9 wins?

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, teachercd said:

How can some pick a losing record?

9 wins.

There will only be one game where NU is a double digit dog.

None of the teams they play, with the exception of Michigan (and they are really not all that explosive) have a good offense, all the games will be close.

(September 1st, @teachercd): How can any of you morons still think this team can make a bowl?! We just lost to the sh!+++!$+ team in the history of boat rowing!

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
3 hours ago, teachercd said:

I have never thought that NU would win less than 9 games.

The "Bo doesn't like me" fans ruined a lot of that because the AD was a huge vag.

Mike Riley won 9 games.  He is the last winning coach in Husker football history.  :)

Not many fans cared about it or supported it though.... that year they were still like....

The Last GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, admo said:

Mike Riley won 9 games.  He is the last winning coach in Husker football history.  :)

Not many fans cared about it or supported it though.... that year they were still like....

The Last GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Losing to Iowa by 30, and Ohio State by 59, before laying an egg in the bowl game, seems to have some influence on perception. 

• TBH 3