Poll - How Many Wins - 2023 Season

2023 Win Total  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 hours ago, Big Red Viking said:

Why does everyone think the rodent's in Minnesota is an automatic loss ?

Past trauma.  One of the popular slogans with Frost was "if he can't win here, nobody can".

I think we'll beat them.  The schedule sets up beautifully to start 4-0, really.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Madison at night.  Crowd will be juiced.  We haven't beat Wisconsin since 2012.  Wisconsin has lost 1 night game in Madison the last 15 years (2016 vs #2 OSU in OT).

I don't think that Wisconsin will be a world beater by any means this season.  As BRB mentioned above it would be nice to have them earlier in the year while they might be working out some kinks with the philosophy change.  But knowing how Nebraska has performed the last 8 years in games like this gives me little confidence in a win.

Since 2012, pretty sad stat along with the Iowa 2 in 10 years. 

2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I voted for 2 wins. The culture is changing but isn't there yet. And we're thin on quality starters, so a few injuries will have an outsized impact.

I hesitate to ask this because I have learned we are fully capable of losing to anyone, but who are we losing to out of this group? Colorado, Louisiana Tech, Northern Illinois, Northwestern. I could see us dropping one of those randomly (or maybe Deion is just that good), but those are some bad teams. And I think even a worse than expected Nebraska team is capable of stealing a game from Maryland, Michigan State, or Purdue at the very least. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I hesitate to ask this because I have learned we are fully capable of losing to anyone, but who are we losing to out of this group? Colorado, Louisiana Tech, Northern Illinois, Northwestern. I could see us dropping one of those randomly (or maybe Deion is just that good), but those are some bad teams. And I think even a worse than expected Nebraska team is capable of stealing a game from Maryland, Michigan State, or Purdue at the very least. 

Colorado and NW, but I wouldn't be surprised if we lost to Louisiana Tech or Northern Illinois instead.

• TBH 1

3 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Colorado and NW, but I wouldn't be surprised if we lost to Louisiana Tech or Northern Illinois instead.

Fair enough. I don't want to jinx it, but I do expect us to beat the teams that have a lot less talent under Rhule. Colorado, LA Tech, and No. Ill were quite literally 3 of the worst teams in the country last year. Northwestern graded out better than all of them there, and if we hadn't flat out handed them a win they would've been 0-12. Colorado is a drastically different team so who knows, but the others don't seem primed for a breakout year or anything. 

• TBH 1

Bill Busch came in with 13 days to prepare in his role as DC and instantly made one side of the ball quite a bit better from where Frost's regime had it. So because I think White is a good coach, I'm definitely expecting the defense to be fairly solid, even in week 0.

But I'm definitely really worried about the offense.

I think we can and will win six games, though.

• Plus1 3

I used to say 8-4 every year so now I have to do something different.

Wins:  3

Louisiana Tech

Northwestern

Purdue

Winnable games - just don't f#&% it up:   4 possible (3 for sure)

Colorado

Northern Illinois

Michigan State

Maryland

50/50 games:  (Maybe you win, Maybe you lose - it's anybody's guess): 2

Illinois

Iowa

Games we likely lose because I don't think we are ready yet to win:

(even if I hope we win and it's always possible....but.....): 2

Minnesota

Wisconsin

For sure loss: 1

Michigan

Bowl game chances are there.  It's not a difficult schedule.  Will understand more after the first 3 games

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Undone said:

Bill Busch came in with 13 days to prepare in his role as DC and instantly made one side of the ball quite a bit better from where Frost's regime had it. So because I think White is a good coach, I'm definitely expecting the defense to be fairly solid, even in week 0.

But I'm definitely really worried about the offense.

I think we can and will win six games, though.

NU isn't playing in week 0, but I get your point.  I do think the defense will be the strength of the team, early in the season.  Although I am worried that CU will put up a decent number of points against NU.  Maybe White will be able to confuse Sanders with some exotic blitzing to create sacks and turnovers.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, admo said:

Louisiana Tech

Northwestern

Purdue

Colorado

Northern Illinois

Michigan State

Maryland

Illinois

Iowa

Minnesota

Wisconsin

Michigan

Bowl game chances are there.  It's not a difficult schedule.  Will understand more after the first 3 games

I don't see more than one guaranteed win this year.  Highly likelies, sure.  But even CU in Boulder doesn't give me much confidence it being their first home game. I want to see how these kids respond to adversity.  And I need to see an O Line that is greatly improved.

We would get excited for Frost's teams; a unit would look sharp or a player would.  Turned out no facet was very good and you just had "barely serviceable" practice-stomping on "poor."

• Plus1 3
5 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

Fair enough. I don't want to jinx it, but I do expect us to beat the teams that have a lot less talent under Rhule. Colorado, LA Tech, and No. Ill were quite literally 3 of the worst teams in the country last year. Northwestern graded out better than all of them there, and if we hadn't flat out handed them a win they would've been 0-12. Colorado is a drastically different team so who knows, but the others don't seem primed for a breakout year or anything. 

I don't think those teams are going to breakout or be any good. I just think we're still bad and it'll take a year to get out of the cellar.

• TBH 1
4 hours ago, admo said:

Louisiana Tech

Northwestern

Purdue

Colorado

Northern Illinois

Michigan State

Maryland

Illinois

Iowa

Minnesota

Wisconsin

Michigan

I think this is pretty spot on. I might flip flop Illinois and Minnesota or, better yet, just move Minny to a 50/50 game. Based on opponents, 7 wins should be very attainable. But based on Nebraska and recent history, almost anything is possible.

• Oh Yeah! 1