"Let me count the ways"

4 minutes ago, lo country said:

You know it's a solid post when you get every emoji possible in your post.  Great info.  A lot of info.  Great points.  Hoping we get the W.  Can't state how important and HUGE that would be.  I think we are 0-4 in the last home openers....

You mean season openers? I think it's 3 in a row. We beat South Alabama one year and we're randomly ranked going into the season IIRC

59 minutes ago, lo country said:

You know it's a solid post when you get every emoji possible in your post.  Great info.  A lot of info.  Great points.  Hoping we get the W.  Can't state how important and HUGE that would be.  I think we are 0-4 in the last home openers....

Thanks. Just glad I could knock “Gilbert Arrested” off of the top spot on the Leaderboard for 8/30/23. 

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

I agree with the original post - Rhule is building something and it may will take time - but there is hope - not the false hope that we had with the former head coach.  But hope being built on a solid foundation.  I'm crossing all fingers and toes for a win tonight.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
  • TBH 1
52 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I agree with the original post - Rhule is building something and it may will take time - but there is hope - not the false hope that we had with the former head coach.  But hope being built on a solid foundation.  I'm crossing all fingers and toes for a win tonight.  

Yep...just because everyone expects this rebuild to take time, there is no need to not have hope and excitement towards the chance we are going to win tonight.

• TBH 2
1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Yeah.  My worry isn't the new coach.  It's the avalanche of Old Culture that has developed over the past 15 years(?), maybe 20.  That's a lot of recruit-to-senior cycles.  If we do a count on the guys left from the old sad regimes, we acquire hope at how few.  But it's way too soon to acquire confidence based on what the OP (meticulously) outlined for us, imo. 

Sounds cliche but I'll bet our third year into this regime will look pretty danged good:  8 (or 9) wins?  Coach Rhule is trying to remove not just old attitudes and habits, but an atmosphere, a strange atmosphere of some sort that's hard to even define now.  I'm sure he knows all that and is proceeding accordingly. 

• Plus1 2

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

There...I did it.

I figured that if I expect our football team to do everything that is expected of them to be a good football team and be committed to excellence, I thought I should be able to read the entire OP.

I'm committed now to excellence.  GBR!!!!

Good work. Now be sure to stay hydrated. :lol:

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
17 minutes ago, Hagg said:

Yeah.  My worry isn't the new coach.  It's the avalanche of Old Culture that has developed over the past 15 years(?), maybe 20.  That's a lot of recruit-to-senior cycles.  If we do a count on the guys left from the old sad regimes, we acquire hope at how few.  But it's way too soon to acquire confidence based on what the OP (meticulously) outlined for us, imo. 

Sounds cliche but I'll bet our third year into this regime will look pretty danged good:  8 (or 9) wins?  Coach Rhule is trying to remove not just old attitudes and habits, but an atmosphere, a strange atmosphere of some sort that's hard to even define now.  I'm sure he knows all that and is proceeding accordingly. 

Agreed on Rhule. Diamond in the rough - and we got him. He'll get us there eventually.

• Oh Yeah! 2
16 hours ago, cheekygeek said:

I know that many people, particularly millennials, won't bother reading and will simply TL;DR.

But I needed to channel my enthusiasm for tomorrow night's game SOMEHOW and this was it. :)

I liked the post, but why wouldn't middle-aged fans (aka millenials) read it?

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1