Colorado Week Pressers

Mavric

35 minutes ago, runningblind said:

IGC done for the year?

Edit: saw it above. We have like 1.5 WR now, get ready for some stacked boxes, could be rough friends.

Stacked boxes is what we were going to face all year long no matter what. IGC being available doesn't even put a dent in that.

Whether the coaches can find some quick-hitting outside stuff is a bigger question to me.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
20 minutes ago, Undone said:

Stacked boxes is what we were going to face all year long no matter what. IGC being available doesn't even put a dent in that.

Whether the coaches can find some quick-hitting outside stuff is a bigger question to me.

Maybe not a huge dent, but it's a dent still.  You said it yourself in the second paragraph.

9 minutes ago, runningblind said:

You said it yourself in the second paragraph.

I think it's like this though: this staff is running a ton of their plays out of 12 man personnel. They don't want to spread out the field. So when you put all your guys in tight, where's the defense?

So yeah, if you get really good pass protection out of those heavy sets when you drop back to pass you really need that taller receiver who can take a corner one-on-one and go up for a ball. IGC is 6'0" and not really a burner either. So, not much of a difference there for me at all.

The Minnesota game played out almost exactly like what I expected to see on offense; Sims making mistakes in the passing game, having some success running out of the heavy sets, also getting hamstrung by turnovers & penalties.

But, maybe our defense is legit after all and they keep us in enough games to where the sluggish offense isn't a gamebreaker. Not sure on that one yet.

4 minutes ago, BaytownHusker said:

If every other offense in the nation can utilize slants, underneath drags and out route combos why cant we? 

+1. I wonder this all the time as well.

• Haha 1

What's been on my mind is that in our game, both teams' offenses struggled and the defenses dominated, while in Colorado's game it was the defenses that struggled against the offenses. It feels like it's hard to draw conclusions about how the teams will fare against each other when there's only one game each on their records - the games were so different that it feels like an apples-to-oranges comparison...

• TBH 3
2 hours ago, Undone said:

This has been how you stop Nebraska since Tommy Armstrong.  I hate it, but until the offense can show something that’s the formula to shut them down.