Colorado Week Pressers

Mavric

Seems like mostly good news - even if we just get a few series of Teddy, Corcoran had a really bad game last week and trying something different can't hurt. And we need Coleman/Lloyd to get on the field, even if it's just for the threat of somebody going deep. When we have Washington/Bullock/Kemp out there the defense would love for them to try and go deep. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Haha!  I could, that is not the problem.  The problem is it just changes the atmosphere of it all, for me.

I am a HUGE pregame party fan and I love starting early but I want it to last (yes yes, that's what she said)

Yep, I live here and this is my least favorite part of being in the B1G.  10 AM kick's are the worst.  College football should not be played before 230, finishing with the lights coming on, or straight up at night.  TV has ruined the atmosphere there.  I will always pick a night game if given the choice.

Just now, runningblind said:

Yep, I live here and this is my least favorite part of being in the B1G.  10 AM kick's are the worst.  College football should not be played before 230, finishing with the lights coming on, or straight up at night.  TV has ruined the atmosphere there.  I will always pick a night game if given the choice.

I LOVE 2:30.

I also like some of the sort of odd kickoffs at times, like a 6pm

10am is lame, I know some dongs will be like "I like it, I can watch the game and then do yard work", I mean, if that is your idea of a great Saturday you might as well go play in traffic. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

10am is lame, I know some dongs will be like "I like it, I can watch the game and then do yard work", I mean, if that is your idea of a great Saturday you might as well go play in traffic. 

Or with as bad as this team is at this point, just do the yard work.

• Haha 1

Not sure if this had been posted yet or not:

This guy is a really great coach, I don't think there's much doubt. Doesn't mean we'll ever see a 10 win season or whatever under him necessarily, but he's a great coach.

I don't recall Frost really ever diving into the details about specific guys emerging on special teams and emphasizing/caring about that phase of the game like Rhule does. Maybe he did - but I feel like I watched just about every single presser Scott ever did here.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

1 hour ago, runningblind said:

I mean ... being in the B1G really doesn't have much to do with it.  There's actually an ACC/SEC game kicking off at 11 AM EDT.  At Noon, there is an SEC game, five ACC games, two Big XII games, and even a Pac-12 game kicking off.  All conferences are playing games that early.

• TBH 2
16 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I mean ... being in the B1G really doesn't have much to do with it.  There's actually an ACC/SEC game kicking off at 11 AM EDT.  At Noon, there is an SEC game, five ACC games, two Big XII games, and even a Pac-12 game kicking off.  All conferences are playing games that early.

in 2023 yes, you're right, but the B1G was always on early back in the day versus the SEC/XII being on later and the PAC12 was at night.  Then came the TV wars and now it is all over the place.  That is what I was referring to.

Doesn't change the fact that 10 AM kickoffs are terrible!

8 minutes ago, runningblind said:

in 2023 yes, you're right, but the B1G was always on early back in the day versus the SEC/XII being on later and the PAC12 was at night.  Then came the TV wars and now it is all over the place.  That is what I was referring to.

Doesn't change the fact that 10 AM kickoffs are terrible!

But...what happened in the past doesn't have anything to do with being a fan of a B1G team now if all conferences are doing it.

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

But...what happened in the past doesn't have anything to do with being a fan of a B1G team now if all conferences are doing it.

It does when your conference prioritizes that 10 AM slot as their game of the day, that still is unique to the B1G and maybe the Big XII.  

Regardless, I was simply stating I dislike 10 AM games for anyone, it ruins the atmosphere at a college game. 

• Plus1 1