Colorado Week Pressers

Mavric

4 hours ago, Gage County said:

Coach Rhule via YT

Solid PC.  Feeling better after this. 

He mentioned the importance of Kemp and Fidone - that they are too good to not be involved.  Really liked hearing "We will have all hands on deck" by mentioning Jamel Lloyd and Malachi Coleman.

Gave credit to CU, their talented players and Coach Prime ("successful as a football player and a Coach").  Mentioned Colorado's up-tempo game, but also said he had the Huskers practice up-tempo all year so they are ready for that, and that he had experience with it at Baylor, offensively and defensively.

Mentioned that when you get past all the pageantry, when the ball gets kicked off, it's all about playing good football.  

1 hour ago, admo said:

Solid PC.  Feeling better after this. 

He mentioned the importance of Kemp and Fidone - that they are too good to not be involved.  Really liked hearing "We will have all hands on deck" by mentioning Jamel Lloyd and Malachi Coleman.

Gave credit to CU, their talented players and Coach Prime ("successful as a football player and a Coach").  Mentioned Colorado's up-tempo game, but also said he had the Huskers practice up-tempo all year so they are ready for that, and that he had experience with it at Baylor, offensively and defensively.

Mentioned that when you get past all the pageantry, when the ball gets kicked off, it's all about playing good football.  

There were times against TCU the Frogs' D Line was no where ready for the CU pace.  I'm not convinced we're practicing fast enough, and we certainly don't execute that way right now.  I think it's another problematic variable for us.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, DefenderAO said:

There were times against TCU the Frogs' D Line was no where ready for the CU pace.  I'm not convinced we're practicing fast enough, and we certainly don't execute that way right now.  I think it's another problematic variable for us.

The super face pace settled down after the first few drives of the game for both teams.  After that it was mostly 8-15 seconds per snap on a 40 second play clock.  That is normal for up-tempo offenses.  

We just played Minnesota and they waited around until the play clock hit 10 seconds, or it got down to two seconds before the snap. 

Having said that, I am not sure I can understand why you do not think we haven't been practicing for that kind of pace, without the exception of the Minnesota game week?  I mean, CU is kind of fast paced, but without substituting defenders, it can easily be done.  If they substitute on offense, the officials have to hold the ball until we get our guys substituted to match personnel.  

• Fire 1
24 minutes ago, admo said:

The super face pace settled down after the first few drives of the game for both teams.  After that it was mostly 8-15 seconds per snap on a 40 second play clock.  That is normal for up-tempo offenses.  

We just played Minnesota and they waited around until the play clock hit 10 seconds, or it got down to two seconds before the snap. 

Having said that, I am not sure I can understand why you do not think we haven't been practicing for that kind of pace, without the exception of the Minnesota game week?  I mean, CU is kind of fast paced, but without substituting defenders, it can easily be done.  If they substitute on offense, the officials have to hold the ball until we get our guys substituted to match personnel.  

We haven't been practicing with this kind of pace because we ourselves don't run at this pace and opponent #1 didn't either.  If you're speaking to this week we're turning it up in CU readiness, I don't see it as enough time.

I don't think we'll see it the entire game, but when they do go fast I think we might look way out of sorts.

1 hour ago, DefenderAO said:

We haven't been practicing with this kind of pace because we ourselves don't run at this pace and opponent #1 didn't either.  If you're speaking to this week we're turning it up in CU readiness, I don't see it as enough time.

I don't think we'll see it the entire game, but when they do go fast I think we might look way out of sorts.

Ok fair enough

4 hours ago, Comish said:

You can add to the list swing passes and almost any manner of screens.

I'd like to see one where the pass is in the right spot so the receiver doesn't have to do a spin move before he can start running upfield. Think Sims threw one to Rahmir that left him spinning.

The opportunity exists for more games wt ScuM  if we want it.  

https://archive.ph/2023.09.05-123641/https://www.denverpost.com/2023/09/05/cu-buffs-nebraska-cornhuskers-football-series-rick-george-trev-alberts/#selection-1489.3-1502.0

If the Cornhuskers want another piece of Boulder after 2024, CU Buffs athletic director Rick George is game for a rematch.
“I would be very open to having a home-and-home (series) with Nebraska in the future,” George told The Denver Post recently when asked about future matchups with the Cornhuskers after the current four-game contract expires next fall.
CU is 2-0 over the first half of the series, winning 33-28 at Lincoln in September 2018 and rallying for a 34-31 victory in overtime at Folsom Field a year later. The Buffs host Nebraska at 10 a.m. Saturday and visit Memorial Stadium to complete the contract on Sept. 7, 2024.
Assuming CU’s previously-scheduled games with future Big 12 opponents are vacated, it would give the Buffs and Huskers matching open dates several times over the next 10 seasons.
Potential fits from 2025-2033 include the weekend of Sept. 17-18 2027; the weekend of Sept. 21-22, 2029; the weekend of Sept. 12-13, 2031; the second and third weekends of September 2032; and the weekend of Sept. 23-24, 2033.
While George said he hadn’t spoken with Nebraska AD Trev Alberts about an extension yet, if corresponding dates line up and the Huskers are interested, “we’d be happy to do that,” the administrator added.
The Buffs currently have six non-conference games contracted from 2025-2037 with Big 12 programs who will be league brethren after next summer: Houston (road, Sept. 6, 2025; home, Sept. 12, 2026); Kansas State (home, Sept. 18, 2027; road, Sept. 16, 2028); and Oklahoma State (road, Sept. 13, 2036; home, Sept. 12, 2037).
“We’ve been looking at that,” George said, “(and) really, we’re working with the Big 12 conference on (the question of), do we move that game to the last nine weeks of the season, playing a nine-game conference schedule, or do we leave it where it’s at?”

• Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

I think this rivalry is a good one to keep but, I'm not sure why any of the power 5 teams would schedule anything challenging during the early season once the 12 team playoff starts.  Those matchups won't be necessary to receive a vote into the playoffs.  

• TBH 1

17 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

U should share this with Rhule today at practice. Given your confidence and conviction, I bet you’re at the 50 yard line every practice. Media members are jealous to the access you have

• TBH 2
1 hour ago, gossamorharpy said:

U should share this with Rhule today at practice. Given your confidence and conviction, I bet you’re at the 50 yard line every practice. Media members are jealous to the access you have

I could be more declarative than "suspect" if I were on prem.  However, my suspiciousness is from looking at how we play.  We actually huddle.  Every time.  And our ones go against ones.  So you think the one D is going against a scout team O to mimic CU?

You are just buying what Rhule says as "fast?"

• Haha 1
On 9/4/2023 at 11:18 AM, BaytownHusker said:

If every other offense in the nation can utilize slants, underneath drags and out route combos why cant we? 

Oddly enough that is what killed us post Bo.  And we have yet to a) Figure out how to stop it and b) figure out how to do it.  I have no idea why.  And why we don’t use rub routes more.  Hoping to see a very heavy dose of power running ie body blows and a heavy does of TE ‘s doing underneath routes and blowing their DB’s up.  Punch them in the mouth repeatedly.  Everyone has a plan until your punched in the face~Mike Tyson

• Fire 1