Triaging the QB room

Scarlet

1 hour ago, runningblind said:

I disagree. He does it a large percentage of the time.  He was doing it in the very clip I listed and only moved to the second target at the last moment before he ran directly into a defender. 

One point to understand when you say constantly stares down his first read doesn’t mean he constantly throws to his first read.   It literally means what you say, he stares at his first read and when he FINALLY comes off it, the second or third read are now no longer options either, and is hey he misses open receivers.   It’s a problem AM had to so not unique to HH, but a good call out by you. 

• Plus1 2

10 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

One point to understand when you say constantly stares down his first read doesn’t mean he constantly throws to his first read.   It literally means what you say, he stares at his first read and when he FINALLY comes off it, the second or third read are now no longer options either, and is hey he misses open receivers.   It’s a problem AM had to so not unique to HH, but a good call out by you. 

Which plays in the above clip is he staring at his first read too long?

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, Hilltop said:

I think I am more curious to see what the kid can do with a full offseason to improve on what he did this year.  He is a winner and a smart kid with the right motivation.  He just might end up being a good QB.  Who is the last QB to win 5 of 6 games for us?  Armstrong in 2016...  

The defense has won the games not HH.

• Plus1 2
34 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Which plays in the above clip is he staring at his first read too long?

A total of probably 5 maybe a 6th.   To give an example though, the second and third pass plays shown.  Keep in mind how many pass plays called were single read throws i.e. back to flat that was designed to get the back to the outside. No real read involved, or the very first pass which was a 1 read only pass play.   

• Plus1 3
25 minutes ago, huskerfan333157 said:

I would agree with this.  For the most part, we have won despite our offense or in other words - overcoming our offensive errors. HH has been serviceable while Sims was/is a disaster as a QB.  HH has had his moments - some long runs, some long passes but not consistently.  

1 hour ago, huskerfan333157 said:

And I said as much a couple of posts later.

Nobody is saying HH is a good QB right now.  The discussion is whether he could be good with another year of development.  He is essentially a freshman in experience being thrown in to the spotlight with virtually all the offensive starters out of the game.  That leads me to think some significant improvements are possible in year two, especially with a stronger supporting cast.  

6 hours ago, runningblind said:

This is a fair take, but do you really believe we are winning BECAUSE of him, or he is simply doing enough/not screwing up as much as Sims for the team as a whole to win?  I applaud his effort, his heart and his want to.  I simply think his ceiling is pretty low overall as a well rounded QB, and we should be trying to shoot higher.  I also acknowledge that the same should be said for the entire offense around him, so yes he may be better with better performance around him.  I think we want him on the field in some capacity regardless regularly, and he could be an emergency QB for the rest of his time here. 

How many games would we have won without his legs? Dang straight we are winning because of him. The QB run is the reason we will go bowling. 

• Haha 3
  • TBH 1
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

A total of probably 5 maybe a 6th.   To give an example though, the second and third pass plays shown.  Keep in mind how many pass plays called were single read throws i.e. back to flat that was designed to get the back to the outside. No real read involved, or the very first pass which was a 1 read only pass play.   

I admit the second pass play is possible.  But I don't think it's definitive for a couple of reason.  First, I'm not so sure he didn't look at at least two options.  It seems like you can see a slight head turn that looks like he may have been going to a second option.  Also, without seeing the routes it's hard to know how long he had to wait to see if the first option was going to be open.

Similarly on the third pass play, it appears that all the receivers are running deeper routes.  So he can't come off the first route until they get to a certain point.  And if all the routes are deeper, there isn't a next route to go to anyway.

38 minutes ago, twofittyonred said:

several..  it has been noted many times that HH does this, even by Rhule when wide open receivers have been missed.  Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for HH stepping up and helping this offense....  But....

I mean ... it's easy to just say this and move one.  But which ones specifically?

5 minutes ago, twofittyonred said:

just as easy as posting a video and claiming the same...  Anyone that watches those objectively sees it.. 

There are now three people claiming this yet no one has been able to definitely point it out.  It seems like if it was so obvious that would be an easy task.

It seems more likely that it's one of those things that if people say it often enough and loud enough, others will just believe it, even if it isn't really the case.

• Plus1 3
49 minutes ago, Mavric said:

There are now three people claiming this yet no one has been able to definitely point it out.  It seems like if it was so obvious that would be an easy task.

It seems more likely that it's one of those things that if people say it often enough and loud enough, others will just believe it, even if it isn't really the case.

OR...  you just choose to continue to push your narrative...  I could point to one and you will say "ya but that is just one", I could even go as far as labeling each pass play and pointing each one out but we all know that would not suffice either...  I choose to state my observation and you have already posted video that corroborates my stance in my opinion..  I'm good.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

I literally pointed out examples for you.  Rhule agrees with the “three people”.  What more do you want! 

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I literally pointed out examples for you.  Rhule agrees with the “three people”.  What more do you want! 

You pointed out two examples.  I responded with why I don't think they are nearly as definitive as what you claim they are.  

Can you point me to where Rhule agreed?  I don't recall hearing/reading that.

• Fire 1