Trev is in over his head

corncraze

7 minutes ago, corncraze said:

All of which have been significantly better than us these last 8-9 years.

Clemson has won multiple CFPs in the last decade - I’d kill to be in their position.

How many CFP teams have gotten there through talent development? Cincinnati and maybe you could argue TCU. That’s 2 in the entire existence of the CFP.

Michigan State 15-16, Washington 16-17, so 4 teams including the one's you mentioned since 2014. It can be done. 

1 minute ago, corncraze said:

Go on… Elaborate more on why you disagree.

There's always guys like you who want to be the prescient anonymous board scribes who throw s#!t at the walls to see what sticks.  Guys that want to be the first to say "see I told you so. I knew all along that "x" would be a failure.  Waaaaa". Good for you.  What a miserable existence though. 

How about you sit back and see what happens?  You don't have any more insight than anyone else as to whether Trev Alberts is in over his head or not.  But you're more than willing to be the first to cut the legs out from underneath him.  What's your plan?  Fire Trev today?  Two games into a rebuild?  Brilliant.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
53 minutes ago, Slow yer Roll said:

I doubt anyone has a bigger fire in the belly to right the ship, than Trev, and Coach Rhule.  They're football heads their whole lives. I trust they'll get it done if the fans help, instead of b!^@hing all the time.

Humans make mistakes,  it's hard to judge talent. The US divorce rate is over 50% I think.

They know what the problem is and how to fix it. 

Give them what they need, and get out of the way.

And we (fans, this board, everyone) knew this. We’ve talked about it and talked more about it. We said less than two weeks ago this is the right team(Rhule, Alberts) to get this thing right and that it might take a year. 

So just shut up everyone and quit with these stoopid takes. If you can’t bare to watch, then don’t.  Just shut up. You can’t even claim to be drunk anymore. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

And we (fans, this board, everyone) knew this. We’ve talked about it and talked more about it. We said less than two weeks ago this is the right team(Rhule, Alberts) to get this thing right and that it might take a year. 

So just shut up everyone and quit with these stoopid takes. If you can’t bare to watch, then don’t.  Just shut up. You can’t even claim to be drunk anymore. 

Some of us don’t want to just sit down and take it any more. Why do we continue to accept awful results?! Hold people accountable, criticize their mistakes, stop going to the stadium - maybe our actions can drive change and cause the wake up call we need. As much of a sh** show the Tennessee Schiano situation was - their fans’ refusal to accept him WORKED for them.

We NEED to start spending more on talent and we need to do it immediately. Sitting, waiting and wishing while justifying bad football along the way is killing us (or may have already killed us). Trev, Rhule and crew need a fire lit under their a**es.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • TBH 1
40 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

If you put someone on the ignore list does it make the idiotic useless threads they post disappear too? If not can we take people's ability to create new posts if they have proven to not mature enough to handle it because every loss it brings a wave of these terrible topics. 

Ignoring doesn't make threads disappear. A benefit though is that it identifies those one might not want to engage with or, to avoid subjects or viewpoints that might prove contentious. You're not going to stop posters from making the posts. It's their liberty to do so unless there's something particularly egregious I suppose. It does serve as an audit of sorts.  

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

There's always guys like you who want to be the prescient anonymous board scribes who throw s#!t at the walls to see what sticks.  Guys that want to be the first to say "see I told you so. I knew all along that "x" would be a failure.  Waaaaa". Good for you.  What a miserable existence though. 

How about you sit back and see what happens?  You don't have any more insight than anyone else as to whether Trev Alberts is in over his head or not.  But you're more than willing to be the first to cut the legs out from underneath him.  What's your plan?  Fire Trev today?  Two games into a rebuild?  Brilliant.

Obviously we can’t fire Trev right now. Obviously we can’t fire Rhule right now. The optics would be disastrous. We’re stuck with both for years. That doesn’t mean we should be happy with poor results in that time. A number of us think Trev got the hire wrong here, and if he did, he will pay the price and lose his job eventually. The unfortunate part is this might have been the last chance to get this HC hire right. We have a right to be angry that our program is on the brink of flat-lining and that Trev gambled with a slow build strategy that’s currently not looking good.

And you’re right on one thing - it is pretty miserable being a Husker fan.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

The Scott Frost experiment clearly showed that being an alumni was not enough to get the job done. Same with Trev. Was he really the right guy, or did t just feel good at the time? Like Frost, Trev was going to be the savior………not so much.

The Rhule pressers sounds just like Frost. Great practices, guys are buying into the program, we are just a couple of plays away from winning, yada, yada, yada. He says it will take a few years? Maybe in the old days! With the portal and NIL, Colorado has proven that a turnaround can happen FAST. Frankly, I would pin that decision making squarely on Trev Alberts.

I really hope that the next coach will be better.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 3
41 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Well that answers that. We now know where the craze in corncraze comes from.

We’re all frustrated and unhappy. Direct that at me and fans like me if you want, brush off our opinions, ignore the results you saw yesterday, ignore the differences we’ve seen between us and CU, pretend things are ok. Unless things change, all of us are going to continue to be miserable from the poor results we see on the field - assuming we even keep watching. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1