Louisiana Tech Week Pressers

Mavric

On 9/21/2023 at 6:34 AM, teachercd said:

Interesting, I had always felt that there were a few "rock" bands that no one "hated", not saying you hate them but you get the idea...I don't mean they were loved by all, I just mean that they were not hated.

Guns N Roses

Def Leppard

KISS

AC/DC

Rolling Stones

I know I'm joining this discussion very late, but I've never liked kiss (I don't even have enough respect for them to use capital letters).  If it weren't for the pyro & makeup no one would know them at all.  I give them credit for finding a gimmick to appeal to teenage boys, but they suck in all things music.  If you held a gun to my head and told me to play a kiss song or die, I'd probably play Beth or choose death.

Def Leppard was great through Pyromania, Histeria was OK and everything after that sucked.  They are my SO's favorite band, so I get to see them every time they come near Omaha.

AC/DC's best songs are with Bon Scott.  Back in Black is a great album, but most of the Brian Johnson stuff is OK at best.

When I was running track/cross country in college I always used a mix of hard rock/metal/rap to get myself psyched up.  Only song I can remember being on the play list was Anthrax/PE - Bring the Noise.

• Plus1 2
24 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

I know I'm joining this discussion very late, but I've never liked kiss (I don't even have enough respect for them to use capital letters).  If it weren't for the pyro & makeup no one would know them at all.  I give them credit for finding a gimmick to appeal to teenage boys, but they suck in all things music.  If you held a gun to my head and told me to play a kiss song or die, I'd probably play Beth or choose death.

Def Leppard was great through Pyromania, Histeria was OK and everything after that sucked.  They are my SO's favorite band, so I get to see them every time they come near Omaha.

AC/DC's best songs are with Bon Scott.  Back in Black is a great album, but most of the Brian Johnson stuff is OK at best.

When I was running track/cross country in college I always used a mix of hard rock/metal/rap to get myself psyched up.  Only song I can remember being on the play list was Anthrax/PE - Bring the Noise.

This guy only likes to Rock and roll at night and part of every other day.  

• Haha 3
  • TBH 1

18 hours ago, swmohusker said:

What has 7 arms and sucks??  

I love how pumped everyone gets about the one-armed drummer. :lol:

It's cool he's a one-armed drummer and all, but he's not that good at it.  Like, most decent drummers can play with one hand better than that.  And they don't get near the practice.  

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, ECisGod said:

I think I agree with every word.  I was subjected to Kiss for basically the same reason.  Aggressively bad music.  I don't mind the gimmick though.  Detroit Rock City was a fun movie.

I haven't hear the old Def Leppard but I've heard the same opinion a hundred times so I believe it.

Got The Time was always my favorite older Anthrax song.  I mostly like the stuff they did with the Armored Saint singer.  

1 hour ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

This guy only likes to Rock and roll at night and part of every other day.  

Honestly most of the songs that fire me up wouldn't be playable in the stadium.  All the blue hairs would freak out over the "bad" words and edited versions of songs are like the line ride in South Park.

48 minutes ago, runningblind said:

You miss threads like this one below, live on the board right now?  :wasted

https://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/100938-official-la-tech-look-alike-thread/#comment-2594310

Thanks,

Lol, I hadn't seen it.  In my defense, this site takes so damn long to load on my work computer with all the ads that I typically don't wait 5 minutes just to see what threads there are.  

• TBH 2

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

I think I agree with every word.  I was subjected to Kiss for basically the same reason.  Aggressively bad music.  I don't mind the gimmick though.  Detroit Rock City was a fun movie.

I haven't hear the old Def Leppard but I've heard the same opinion a hundred times so I believe it.

Got The Time was always my favorite older Anthrax song.  I mostly like the stuff they did with the Armored Saint singer.  

I can honestly say I can’t name one KISS song. 

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I love how pumped everyone gets about the one-armed drummer. :lol:

It's cool he's a one-armed drummer and all, but he's not that good at it.  Like, most decent drummers can play with one hand better than that.  And they don't get near the practice.  

If this is serious...it is so funny.

And if you are joking...it is so funny!

This is like something you would see in Spinal Tap

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, Hilltop said:

Thanks,

Lol, I hadn't seen it.  In my defense, this site takes so damn long to load on my work computer with all the ads that I typically don't wait 5 minutes just to see what threads there are.  

There are ads on this site?  Never seen one.  Genuinely.  <Johnny Carson>I did not know that.