Michigan Week Pressers

Mavric

7 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Sims over Haarberg despite ORs supposedly being alphabetical is mildly interesting. Although I agree it probably doesn't make a huge difference this week, and I think Sims is the better QB if he can limit the turnovers. 

I noticed the same thing.  But I thought it was also possible that the first two had Sims listed first and it was easier to just add the -OR- and not have to move everything else around.

The conspiracy theorist in me though....

• Oh Yeah! 1

So, why does Teddy P remain 2nd on the chart at LT?  I know he's recovering  - I thought he WAS RECOVED from his injury.  He's been playing snaps and it seems like we need someone other than Corcoran at that position.   Any insights?  

Regarding Sims/Haarberg -   Need to see if Sims has been cured of his turnover jitters.  As  @presidentjlh says he needs reps too.  We need to get out of this game with as few injuries as possible so that we can make a run to getting into a bowl game.   Personally, the way HH has been playing, I  prefer him in the game.  We'll see how Sims handles the pressure of a big time opponent in a big time atmosphere.  

Notable quotes:

-Bryce Benhart is playing well (nice to see)

-Just because you win doesn't mean theres not the same issues if you lost (I like seeing this preached to the team)

-"It's really great when you have guys that aren't sensitive" when talking about HH

-We're not hear to complain, here to play good football

The last two are interesting to me.  He said something similar last week about not feeling sorry for themselves because "they've been through a lot".  Seems to me that he's working very hard to fix an attitude problem.  These statements seem more meant for the team to hear and not for the fans.

• Plus1 1

Not so worried about our 2 QBs (HH & Sims).  Playing healthy and playing clean is priority.  That's the ultimate key.  Both have talent.  HH might have edge with running physical and Sims edge with timely passing.  How the QB handles the pressure from Michigan will be telling.  We already know the OL is up and down.  Will likely see some sacks and false starts and a holding penalty or two.  Will need to hit some short passes and intermediate passes to open up some runs for Grant, who is running really well.  Keep Michigan from filling up the box and running into the backfield against the run and pass.  

These are things that interest me to see how the Husker offense will attack the defense.  Keep the clock ticking and play solid defense as they have been.  Protect the ball.  Make plays at home when there is opportunity.  And see what happens.