****Michigan Game Thread****

13 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

What is possibly gained by leaving him out there the entire game when we trailed by 30+? When games are firmly decided, I would much rather have the staff protect our QBs at this stage in the season. 

I think Haarberg is an asset to the team, but I do favor Sims as a starter because he has the ability to create plays for himself. The knock on Sims is obviously the turnovers which is a big deal. However, he is a legitimate home run threat. With our lack of playmakers on offense, Sims adds a dynamic that is a wildcard for opposing defenses and that ability is something HH has not yet mastered.

You mean "home run threat" as in the two 70+ yard TD runs HH had last week?

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Lol trust me, I know we are one of these worst Big 10 teams and nothing I’ve stated would give you that idea.  It’s hilarious how a team with some of the most passionate and loyal fans should have to lower their expectations from winning 25 games over the last 6.5 seasons. I also know we’ve been ranked a grand total of 1 week in that timespan. 

Im Not saying lowering your expectations on where you want and think the program should be. I was more so speaking to fans needing to lower the expectation of it happening overnight.

Rhule wants a power run/control the clock team. And currently he’s working with a subpar o line, a rb who coughs the rock up,

zero guys on the perimeter to make a difference and a couple qbs who seem to be middle of the pack P5 talent, at best.  

I don’t wanna even get started on the “special teams”, they’re special alright. 

If Rhule is going to continue to start HH the rest of the season, then HH absolutely needed to stay out there to get as many reps as possible.   The more game time he gets, hopefully the slower the game will become for him and the decision making gets faster.   

He also needs to figure out how to throw through throwing lanes with is low arm slot instead of just over their helmets.  

• TBH 1
32 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I despised the Riley hire from the announcement.

The direction of college football now is Sanders.  It's all about recruiting and exposure.

Same with Riley It took months for me to learn to spell it correctly.  Couldn't remember who else other than Frost.  The future is Optimus Prime.  He blew up the portal.  Of course he has the Hall of Fame, Super Bowl rings, contacts, World Series etc....Can't expect many coaches to bring in almost 70 guys 5 (IIRC) followed him from Jackson.  BUT if Rhule could go and get 20 solid guys that would be huge.  With our alleged NIL machine and historic reputation we might have a shot.  Hoping to develop talent will lead to us eventually being relegated to some also ran conference IMO.  Kids are not going to be developed for 2-3 years to get a shot.  They want it now.  And they might end up like Smothers going to Jax State or Crawford going to La Tech or Rogers going to Oregon....BUT they won't wait.  It's all about the benjamins now....

• TBH 2

I hate getting sunburned for a big loss like that.  And having a fan from the visiting team talk how "cute" our mascots and cheers are as they kick another extra point or as we punt. 

I could have easily gone to the penitentiary for acting on my thoughts today. 

• Plus1 1
38 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

hate to break it to you bro but development is our only path. Kids who are true difference makers aren’t coming to Lincoln when they can go somewhere with much better weather and things to do and make the same money.

BS… this is a loser mentality. $$$ and winning bring talent. We aren’t winning, so why aren’t we spending like crazy in NIL to get big names here? We were told for the last 5 years we have the resources to be very competitive in the NIL market. It blows my mind that we aren’t using it but then are taking on these unnecessary multi-hundred million dollar facilities projects. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, lo country said:

Same with Riley It took months for me to learn to spell it correctly.  Couldn't remember who else other than Frost.  The future is Optimus Prime.  He blew up the portal.  Of course he has the Hall of Fame, Super Bowl rings, contacts, World Series etc....Can't expect many coaches to bring in almost 70 guys 5 (IIRC) followed him from Jackson.  BUT if Rhule could go and get 20 solid guys that would be huge.  With our alleged NIL machine and historic reputation we might have a shot.  Hoping to develop talent will lead to us eventually being relegated to some also ran conference IMO.  Kids are not going to be developed for 2-3 years to get a shot.  They want it now.  And they might end up like Smothers going to Jax State or Crawford going to La Tech or Rogers going to Oregon....BUT they won't wait.  It's all about the benjamins now....

The winning formula was mentioned on this site when Albert's was conducting his top secret search.

A big name head coach with highly qualified assistants.

Colorado may have to renegotiate Sanders contract to keep him 

They certainly have the money now.

6 minutes ago, corncraze said:

BS… this is a loser mentality. $$$ and winning bring talent. We aren’t winning, so why aren’t we spending like crazy in NIL to get big names here? We were told for the last 5 years we have the resources to be very competitive in the NIL market. It blows my mind that we aren’t using it but then are taking on these unnecessary multi-hundred million dollar facilities projects. 

It’s not a loser mentality, it’s the truth. Simple research into recruiting trends and general population demographics would back this up but you can continue to live in your scarlet and cream colored shades if it makes u happy

you act as if there are no other big time programs with deep pockets and we can just outbid anyone

Just now, gossamorharpy said:

Let’s see how the season pans out until

we call it a home run.

initial momentum and exposure for CU, def a home run hire.

Do you seriously think Rhule amd his staff can out recruit Sanders?

And NIL money?  Please.  Shadeur Sanders has $$ from Mercedes Benz, Tom Bradys apparel company and who knows where else.

3 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Do you seriously think Rhule amd his staff can out recruit Sanders?

And NIL money?  Please.  Shadeur Sanders has $$ from Mercedes Benz, Tom Bradys apparel company and who knows where else.

Where did I say we can out recruit them. I simply said I’m not slobbing over deions knob when they just got smoked by Oregon last week and don’t have any impressive wins on their slate. Great hire but let’s see how s#!t pans out, not just September 

4 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

Where did I say we can out recruit them. I simply said I’m not slobbing over deions knob when they just got smoked by Oregon last week and don’t have any impressive wins on their slate. Great hire but let’s see how s#!t pans out, not just September 

I like the smoked by Oregon reference when we just barely lost to Michigan.  In Lincoln.