What did we learn Michigan Game

Muted the volume at 14-0, did I miss much commentary? It definitely made it less insufferable, even though Huard is one of the more respectful commentators to NU.

Agree with those about NIL. Just open the check book - especially for a WR and multiple OL. Need to at least be a winning team before relying more on developing a program through evaluation and development.

The team looked flat two weeks in a row. UM beat us soundly, but something seems off and hopefully a night game on the road against Illinois can light a little fire and carry momentum into future weeks.

The 4th down shotgun snap up the middle was a really lame call. We really burned a timeout for that? 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

Nebraska football is dead. I never thought I would get to the point where I dont watch til the end of the game, let alone an entire half. Donors need to save their money on this ridiculous $450 million stadium project. Its pointless, it means nothing when people wont show up and people need to stop showing up. The program is a money pit. 

We could bring in Kirby Smart and he wouldnt even be able to turn this cancer of a program around. Rhule needs to get out now while he still has some value as a head coach. Time to start trying to find a new team to cheer for because I just cant do it anymore with Nebraska, probably wont be able to find one that I loved more than Nebraska, but I cant do this week after week anymore. It sucks. 

• Haha 4
2 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

Who is actively teaching HH to throw the ball sidearm?  Michigan obviously saw it on film and batted multiple balls down. 

There may be times it works to get around flailing linemen arms, but it no way should it be the default. It turns a 6’4” QB to 5’9”. 

I was thinking about this watching the first half too.  It’s definitely weird. 

• TBH 1

4 minutes ago, ZRod said:

It's was game 5 against the #2 team...

With a garbage offense. What did you really expect? Give it time.

I expected us to lose, but I was hoping we would at least put up a fight or be competitive. I wasnt at the game, but from what I hear from people who were, the team looked disinterested during the tunnel walk and it showed on the field. That is more concerning than the actual results and shows me there is a lack of buy in with this staff. 

Just sucks man because people know me on this board and know I was pretty positive with Pelini, Riley and Frost until I couldnt justify it anymore. Hope Im wrong, but right now I dont think I am. 

• Fire 1

Can't say this enough: only the really, really good teams get running QB's who throw the ball super well. Frost was recruiting the same basic mold that Rhule is recruiting; the guy has to be able to run zone read. This greatly limits the kind of thrower you can get.

I think Kaelin is a good prospect, he's an exciting player. But I highly doubt Rhule pulls in a QB out of the portal that's that much better than what we have right now.

1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

I was thinking about this watching the first half too.  It’s definitely weird. 

To be honest, it's very difficult to change someone's "natural" throwing motion. Even with hundreds of reps, at crunch time, it invariably reverts back into it's natural position. Suggesting that coaches are  actively teaching someone to intentionally throw sidearm is probably incorrect.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2

1 minute ago, Comish said:

To be honest, it's very difficult to change someone's "natural" throwing motion. Even with hundreds of reps, at crunch time, it invariably reverts back into it's natural position. Suggesting that coaches are  actively teaching someone to intentionally throw sidearm is probably incorrect.

I guess I didn’t say they were actually teaching it.   The fact that it hasn’t been corrected after 2 plus years is weird.  

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Red Five said:

For those of us that have been wishing for Teddy at LT, he looked just like Corcoran (or maybe worse???).  Yikes…

Are the Nebraska recruits being overrated by services?  I know the state has had some 4 stars lately, but the guys that chose the huskers really don’t seem like it.  I guess not many of the highly recruited guys have panned out.  I’m guessing it’s the blend of players, not individuals.  Once Rhule commits to a culture, he will recruit (or buy) players specifically for how they would fit in it.

I think we can look forward to that.

Under normal circumstances, a fan base probably wouldn't really be expecting a sophomore like Prochazka to come in and really change everything at a position.

I think it was more about how bad the other options have been. It was kind of like "well, he's gotta be better than the alternative?" But he's probably not there yet.

47 minutes ago, Ratt Mhule said:

Nebraska football is dead. I never thought I would get to the point where I dont watch til the end of the game, let alone an entire half.

Not picking on you specifically, but people have been posting this exact same thing for 10 years.  

And guess what? People still get excited every August and watch the games. And then come here and b!^@h that NU football is over and they’ll never watch again.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 4