Illinois - What Did We Learn

Can't accuse our staff of being too conservative on offense in this one. They asked Haarberg to throw 24 times. The three passes right before halftime were bad calls, but Satterfield called a game that was trying to take some shots down the field, nothing wrong with that.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
3 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I learned people will defend HH with their last dying breath.  I'm not saying Sims is good, but neither is HH.  His decision making is just as bad except he throws a less carchable ball... to either team 

If HH was from another state, fans would not defend him like they do.  We all know how this goes.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 4

What did we learn, well, like me and others said, the Big Ten West is truley a horrible division.

NU SHOULD be at worst a 2 loss team right now.

They will pretty much have a great chance to win every game left.

Illini fans want BB fired and I get it because last year was a total fake season for them.  They should be 1-5 right now.

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, huskerfan92 said:

You guys do remember the last time we saw Sims he couldn’t even field a snap? I mean what are we talking about here. We got the win, embrace it for goodness sakes 

This. The Sims experiment was ungodly hard to watch... I think some of you blocked it out of your memory. 

• TBH 6

Waking up this morning after a win is a lot better than waking up after a loss. It wasn’t pretty, but the team played TOGETHER. That’s what you want as a coach. A team can’t blame one side or the other. They pick each other up. Who knows, maybe the offense will have a game this year where it responds and picks up the defense.

Honestly, the offense had a good response after the defense made the stop at our own goal line. The offense retained the ball, moved down the field, and scored points. That time allowed the defense to figure out what Illinois was doing, and it led to three straight 3 and outs.  Rhule wants to coach a cohesive team, and for some parts of last night’s game, it was like that. The next steps in the rebuild are to do that more and more of the game. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
Just now, gobiggergoredder said:

Curious to see the result without all the errors.  Seems like they could have won by 35+ yesterday.

Or the defense allows points on Illinois’ first drive and who knows what happens the rest of the game. I’m just glad NU did what we needed to do to win the game. Winning ugly is a better feeling than “losing pretty”. 

• TBH 1
39 minutes ago, Undone said:

The three passes right before halftime were bad calls,

Rhule said on the radio interview at halftime they had at least one QB draw called and somehow the play wasn’t run.

After the 3rd down incompletion he beelines towards HH with his arms extended like “what are you doing?”.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Rhule said on the radio interview at halftime they had at least one QB draw called and somehow the play wasn’t run.

After the 3rd down incompletion he beelines towards HH with his arms extended like “what are you doing?”.

I missed that, thanks.