** Northwestern Week Press Conferences **

Rhule said something towards the end on how he made the decision pre-season to be a slow tempo, run heavy team as well as something like "we're not at the point where we can run tempo yet".  I assume that is coach speak for "I need some more players before we can open up the offense".  And he did say to blame him for the play calling as he is making the final say on everything

• Oh Yeah! 1
5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Rhule said something towards the end on how he made the decision pre-season to be a slow tempo, run heavy team as well as something like "we're not at the point where we can run tempo yet".  I assume that is coach speak for "I need some more players before we can open up the offense".  And he did say to blame him for the play calling as he is making the final say on everything

So....we have a coach taking responsibility and playing towards the player's strengths.  That's good.

• TBH 6
42 minutes ago, Undone said:

Welp, I was definitely wrong on this. Really thought he'd bring Sims back as the starter for this one.

I think Rhule has to stick with Haarberg at QB until HH gives reason that he shouldn’t be playing. Whether this is from not getting enough offense production or turnovers forcing NU to lose games, Rhule has to stick with the starting QB who is winning games.

That doesn’t mean Sims won’t play, but Haarberg has been good enough to keep the starting job. It could be a short leash for Haarberg though. 

• TBH 1

I’m impressed with Northwestern’s interim HC: 

It’s like walking into an alternate universe looking at that channel’s video views: The highlights of their homecoming victory over Howard has 745 views (and the number of people in the stands…). Meanwhile the highlights of Nebraska’s win over Illinois on @Huskers channel: 11,000.

• Fire 1
4 hours ago, Red Five said:

Rhule said something towards the end on how he made the decision pre-season to be a slow tempo, run heavy team as well as something like "we're not at the point where we can run tempo yet".  I assume that is coach speak for "I need some more players before we can open up the offense". 

Not so much that they need new players, but more like "We're not at the point where can go tempo without somebody not knowing what the play call is, or without getting a false start or procedural penalty."

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 2
1 hour ago, cheekygeek said:

I’m impressed with Northwestern’s interim HC: 

It’s like walking into an alternate universe looking at that channel’s video views: The highlights of their homecoming victory over Howard has 745 views (and the number of people in the stands…). Meanwhile the highlights of Nebraska’s win over Illinois on @Huskers channel: 11,000.

This guy will either be a full time HC next season or a DC at a P5 school.  He is going to be a good one.

Right now, he is making it hard for NW to not retain him but I still think that NW will totally clean house, even though this guy has nothing to do with that stuff.  

• Plus1 1