The Israel-Hamas War

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

And yet they're still haven't done a single thing about healthcare costs, gun control, improving the national infrastructure, investing in infrastructure for EVs, lowering the national debt, or any other serious political issue affecting Americans.

Because fixing any of the above doesn’t get their voter bases fired up & donating to their campaigns. They are all bastards.  

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 2

2 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

You are right. Evidently none of these have the zing factor.

Well, I might push back because I was told the 2021/2022 House already tackled infrastructure and invested in climate change/EV.   Why would we have to do it again so soon if it was already done?   

• TBH 1

This is insane... 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-67327079

The call to Mahmoud Shaheen came at dawn.

It was Thursday 19 October at about 06:30, and Israel had been bombing Gaza for 12 days straight.

He'd been in his third-floor, three-bedroom flat in al-Zahra, a middle-class area in the north of the Gaza Strip. Until now, it had been largely untouched by air strikes.

He'd heard a rising clamour outside. People were screaming. "You need to escape," somebody in the street shouted, "because they will bomb the towers".

As he left his building and crossed the road, looking for a safe place, his phone lit up.

It was a call from a private number.

"I'm speaking with you from Israeli intelligence," a man said down the line, according to Mahmoud.

That call would last more than an hour - and it would be the most terrifying call of his life.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

They also stormed the national DNC offices recently.  They are being equal opportunity protesters. 

What are you questioning?

The fact that they are protesting inside News Corp/Fox News headquarters. What will that accomplish?

Protest the lawmakers backing/funding Isreal if that's how you feel, but a news channel headquarters?

• TBH 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

They want to make sure they get on TV.

They got plenty of coverage when they rioted at the DNC. 

I was thinking more along the lines that CNN might be a better choice, no? I doubt there are many Fox viewers that are empathetic to their views. 

• TBH 1
4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

That last tweet is the least surprising thing I could imagine. All of the Palestinians alive today either lived or have recent family memories of living in that land alone and unoccupied, and have seen nothing other than their families being displaced and squeezed and denied movement and autonomy.

That's like polling Native Americans in the mid 1800s on what they would prefer between sharing the United States with the Americans or having it all to themselves. Like, no s#!t.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2